P4P PLUS has a built-in mic. Is screen capture with audio possible?

Reaction score
I've searched these forums about recording audio while flying but everything appears to be about recording audio from the bird. Not my goal at all. I'm not even flying; just holding it or setting it on a stand.

I want to make audio notes while trying different camera settings and recording brief clips to see the results. Preferably the audio will be synced with the video. I realize there are plenty of ways to accomplish this: hand write a slate each time, use a separate recorder, etc., but the built-in mic presents an opportunity.

I tested Livestreaming to YouTube, which streamed and recorded audio (and rather glitchy video) just fine. The mic was obviously engaged because icons for a mic and an active meter appeared on the P4P+ display. So I see that as a way out: download the video and let FCPX sync it with the actual video recorded from the air. Extra steps!

But from my limited testing I don't think the controller's mic can be used from within the Go app, which is unfortunate.

Has anyone successfully run a screen capture (with audio) app in the background while running Go on the Phantom 4 Pro Plus, using the built-in mic? Being an Android tablet, can it do two things at once?

Hmm, come to think of it, I would still have to sync the screen cap footage with the air footage to achieve my desired goal. Oh, well, I would still like to know if running the screen cap software is possible.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4