P4P or P4A?

Reaction score
I'm really debating between the two where the P4P is $1499 and a P4A I found for $1199. Is it worth the $300 savings to not worry about side sensors and a 5.8ghz frequency?? I want a p4 for the camera mainly.

The side sensors are not going to be useful unless you're planning on doing a lot of flying in beginner/tripod mode (where those sensors are enabled).

No it's not only this.There are also back optical sensors and dual band frequency operation 2,4 ghz and 5,8 ghz also.

I'm really debating between the two where the P4P is $1499 and a P4A I found for $1199. Is it worth the $300 savings to not worry about side sensors and a 5.8ghz frequency?? I want a p4 for the camera mainly.
That is a personal choice, I really had the same debate before I got my P4P, I was lucky found a slightly used P4P on Ebay that the seller was only a 30 minute drive from me so I got to fly it before I bought it, if you are an experienced flyer I would say go with the P4A, I shut my obstacle avoidance off most of the time as it gets in the way of inspections and close ups.

Yes you have the option in the P4P as to what Gz you want to fly on, the 5.8 Gz is a very nice feature but still have never gotten the advertised 7KM range before loosing video feed, RC connection is solid though.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic