P4P Obsidian has a new home underwater

Maybe the sea girl thought it was his girlfriend sorry about your plane always say a prayer each time I left off they are very expensive months four months knew even though I’ve got cracks on the back two legs

Below I have copied and pasted the text of an email that I have sent to DJI after finally receiving shipment of the replacement Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian on 8/22/18...

After numerous emails and waiting months for the delivery of this replacement Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian at a small 30% discount for an accident that YOU yourself determined was not my fault after examining my flight data records, you have delivered the replacement drone to me with NO PROPELLERS! I checked all of the packaging in the box thoroughly and there are no propellers. My experience with your customer service department has been the WORST experience of any company EVER!
Please send the propellers to me as soon as possible.
This has been an experience certainly worthy of me documenting publicly every email correspondence that has transpired between us from the beginning until now.
I can’t express enough my disappointment in how you have treated me as a consumer.

Really scary story, my first suspect would be the battery. DJI logging/error messageing might not be comprehensive in this department, video issues on otherwise fine setup (formatted SD...) might also arise from power problems. Take home message: if you experience anything fishy, land ASAP and troubleshoot...

Never flown over water but its in my short-term plans. To stay on the safe side, I'll stick some floats to the bird's legs...

Obsidian has been discontinued since release of the V2 not sure how you were even able to order it again ?

... Anyway, just use the discount code you got and order a V2 (which is a better aircraft by the way) and end this sad saga.

My new Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian arrived 8/22/18 WITHOUT PROPELLERS! The sad saga continues.

Never flown over water but its in my short-term plans. To stay on the safe side, I'll stick some floats to the bird's legs...
Just like a plane or a bird, the Phantom flies above water just as it flies over land.
Don't handicap your Phantom with those clown floats.
They are more likely to contribute to its loss than help you.

Reactions: FlyingUser
Just like a plane or a bird, the Phantom flies above water just as it flies over land.
Don't handicap your Phantom with those clown floats.
They are more likely to contribute to its loss than help you.

Some kind of lifejacket would't be a bad idea though, dji care needs the drone in case you want to make a claim... Otherwise right, those pool noodles would double the windage.

Reactions: Schnauzergeek
Some kind of lifejacket would't be a bad idea though, dji care needs the drone in case you want to make a claim... Otherwise right, those pool noodles would double the windage.
A "lifejacket" isn't going to be much help in recovering a downed drone unless you can arrange for the drone to fall close to shore.
Flying over water is just like flying on land. Downed drones aren't always able to be recovered.
DJI_0479-99a-X3.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart