P4P Loss of GPS Satellites

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

Having some issues with our P4P. Prior to take off we have 15-20 Satellites present, but once 40m and above, we lose all Satellites and the P4P begins to drift in ATTI Mode. Have been all over the city trying out different places and some work today and don't work tomorrow, and others are fine. Given that we use our P4P's for Mapping infrastructure for the World Bank, we kinda don't have a choice except to find a solution. Could someone have a look at the Logs and see if they can pick up if this is change to ATTI mode is as a result of the Loss of GPS Satellites, or if the Loss of GPS Satellites is due to something else causing the ATTI Mode Trigger. Most grateful for any help and guidance that anyone can provide!

P4P Log is available to download from here:

Regards,
Owen Cardew

Last edited:
Reactions: Blade4
Hello Owen,
I had the exact same problems you describe. I found an old discussion here Phantom 4 Pro Consistantly Losing GPS Signal mid flight where others describe those problems, too. I had my P4 repaired at dji (for free), and after that I had no problems so far (but I did not so many flights since then, so I am not sure if the problem really is fixed). Others in the forum write that the problem came up later again.
What I think is very remarkable is the fact that neither in the dji forum (with dji admins writing there) nor in my personal conversation anybody said a word about what was the REASON for losing satellites. I tried hard to get an answer from dji, but I did not succeed. They just told me that some parts were replaced (both landing gear modules, one motor and the gps module). I hope you find out about the reason for the problems. Please let me know.

Best regards, Uwe

Yes, sure it was the GPS module. But please tell me: how can such an important part of a drone fail in many cases, and the drones still perform their self test at power on without any problems, show no problems in the Go app checklist and take off in the sky? If such an important thing is not ok, the drone must stay on earth, telling the user that it cannot fly. Just my opinion.

I agree but obviously these malfunction appears suddenly and in the air. At startup it probably work normal so no messages.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj