P4P Landed without Choice with 24% Battery Remaining

D tpa, DJI recommends to keep battery at 60-70% charge level if you don't use it.
As for critical levels. On my Phantom 2 Vision I never flew once batt hits 30%, 30% is when I start to land no matter what. I had very sad expeirence once, batt went 30% I tried to return home, but seems like voltage wasn't enough and it started to descend even with throttle stick full up. I managed to land it like its ****** F16, but was lucky to have clear surface by.
My creed - never fly under 30%. Always keep an eye on batt level and remember there's a point of no return. I usually land my phantoms at about 35-40%
Better buy couple of extra batts when risk with extra seconds flying and loosing bird
Safety first, folks! ;)
Yup i agree with most everything except u should not use dji advice and store lipos at 40 to 45 ℅ what happened to u is exactly what i am talkimg about folks need to be careful going to low especially doing it to much really degrades lipo. Or could loose your ac

Yup i agree with most everything except u should not use dji advice and store lipos at 40 to 45 ℅ what happened to u is exactly what i am talkimg about folks need to be careful going to low especially doing it to much really degrades lipo. Or could loose your ac
I store my lipos (and I have a lot of different from different stuff) full charged. Never had problems even with long term storage, 6 months or so. The only thing killed my lipos was deep discharge and letting them rest discharged for a long time

That will do it yes. Find it hard to believe leaving fully charged didnt cause u problems. But i suggest not leaving lipos fully charged also. That will cause problems, puffy lipos etc. U just got lucky and are skating on thin ice be careful. Always storage charge if leaving for extended time. This is why real rc chargers have a storage option. When i first started in rc i used to leave them fully charged (convenience) and my lipos would swell and wouldnt perform or sometimes fit in my rig. Learned my lesson especially when u buy expensive lipos like pulse, thunder power etc dji lipos are no different. If u want performance and longevity atleast. These batterys are not cheap

Yeah, Im not new to RC.. Got about 20 batts now excepting DJI's. Thanks for the tip, this explains one of my old batt got puffy. Rest are fine however. As for Phantoms, I just leave them as it is after flight. It usually has 40-45% remaining.. But I fly quiet often

Just curious, are these the high cap batteries, or are these the P4 batts?
I saw something like this on the DJI forum, was using the P4 "low" cap battery in the P4P.

I use both high capacity and standard P for batteries. I have definitely come to the conclusion that the issue with my phantom landing was pilot error and I didn't have enough battery to make it to the location I was at.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl