P4P Killing micro SD card.

Reaction score
for some reason I have a sandisk ultra 64gb card that was brand new and I formated it in the bird only to have it record for a few seconds then after I checked it said the card has only 1.98mb storage. so I returned it after a battle at best buy. Now I picked up 2 128 sandisk extream pro and I tried 1 and the same thing.
I tried to reformat it many times and still just a 2mb card.

Wondering if any others have had this and should I format on desktop first then reformat in bird ..

for some reason I have a sandisk ultra 64gb card that was brand new and I formated it in the bird only to have it record for a few seconds then after I checked it said the card has only 1.98mb storage. so I returned it after a battle at best buy. Now I picked up 2 128 sandisk extream pro and I tried 1 and the same thing.

Wondering if any others have had this and should I format on desktop first then reformat in bird ..
I am about to buy a new SDcard, so Iam soon going to find out myself...I feel your pain. I only hope I don’t duplicate it...lol

How did you check it's size? Is that total capcity or free capacity?
Given that you have the same problem with 2 cards it may be your checking methods that's the problem

I have had two 64gig SD cards die in phantoms at or close to first use. They get extremely hot when in the phantom and/or SD card reader. Purchased from a reputable retailer so assuming there was a bad batch if somehow counterfeit product found its way into the supply chain. Both purchased at hbe same time.

Check them for cracks, too. I've lost two to physical cracks that made them unreadable, but only in certain conditions.

they must be defective. It shows it in total storage. I have tried to run diskpart and the clean and install primary partitions many different ways and still
the same...
I have now purchased a new samsung evo 128 gb and seems fine in bird and computer.it is a class 10 speck 3 with 100mb read and 90 write.
The main reason I have been trying to find faster write speeds is that when I try to record in 4k at 60fps i get some green in the video and it is jumpy.
I had thought it was the computer but thats not it as its a gaming computer with a intel I7 and a gtx 550ti. so i was told it was the micro card not being
able to write fast in this 4k. In 2k 60fps its fine and 4k 30fps its better but still studders ever so little.

Any clues or it a defective bird

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
I've had a few issues of playing back 4k video on my PC from the HDD, (i7 965, 12GBram, GTX760) but when I put the files onto the SSD in the PC they play back fine without stutter, I also had to change to H264 and .mp4 as I had more problems trying to get .mov and H265 to play back.
My PC is 8years old now and while it was bleeding edge when I put it together, it is now very dated.

I had a very similar thing on my p4pro today a new 64gb scan disc and was fine until I tried to format it in the bird !
It then become corrupted and could not even read it on the pc
This was only the third flight for this card. Luckily I bought it from Amazon and it's very easy to exchange it

Thanks Alicatt I will try that asap and let you know.
I need to pick up a SSD but I will try to go with H264 In MP4 First.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20