P4P Image transmission very poor

Reaction score
Hi folks

Back story

A few days back, i was trying to get the Tab 2 to work with my P4P, alas it all failed, The end :D

Issue at hand;

Yesterday, i took out the P4P with my Note 3 as always, fired it all up and i now get the worst
live view image of all time, big green areas, bits of purple, breaks, ok, you get the picture, i should
add that the actual recording appears ok.

I have tried refreshing both the RC and the AC firmware to no avail, i tried downgrading the AC to no
avail. What i cannot try is downgrading the RC because i cannot find an older FW for it anywhere.
May help if i knew what the previous FW numbers were so i could try a search that way?

Failing that, any thoughts from you guys please?

PS, i have tried it at various locations, have tried the resetting of the RC using the button combinations
i have tried removing the DJI Go app (its not the app though, same in litchi), i even went as far as to reset my phone to factory (gutted about doing that too)

If i was a gambling man, i would say that there is a mismatch between AC and RC but its not being picked up, i have a feeling that the RC FW thats on my phone is perhaps corrupt but not enough so that it wont install. This is why i would like an older RC FW to rule out software issue...

From what you've noted, if the footage is fine on your microSD card, the issue is with your device. Not familiar with android devices, but you can possibly go into your app settings, go into HD and lower your transmission rate to 4 Mbps and select an interference free channel, clear your video cache and turn it off to see if there is a difference. Your device may be struggling to run the GO4 app, so it may also be that you have other apps running in the background or your usb cable is faulty.

Reactions: Neon Euc
Hi, thanks for the reply, in the HD settings I only have 2.4 or 5.8 button, I do not have any thing else I there I can change, it looks like that part has now been removed. I am nipping round a friend's shortly to try it on his apple devices, will update later on.....

Hi, thanks for the reply, in the HD settings I only have 2.4 or 5.8 button, I do not have any thing else I there I can change, it looks like that part has now been removed. I am nipping round a friend's shortly to try it on his apple devices, will update later on.....
Yeah sorry, realised the P4P bit after I typed the previous message. Without being an Apple fanboy, my iOS stuff works most of the time albeit with a bit of tweaking now and then. I suspect you will see an improvement and be able to discount any FW issues, there have been many posts of late regarding live camera view with older android and iOS devices. The latest GO4 update, 4.1.18 released yesterday seems to suck that little bit more out of my device.

Reactions: Bashy
I havent tried an older version of the app yet, but dont think its that though because litchi is the same, willl have to look for the previous version of the app though just in case

****, it is the app, just tried 4.0.5.1 and it works ok, no issues with transmission, when you said it updated yesterday, that was the clue cause thats when my issue started, thanks a lot chap i appreciate ya help, now i need ot find the version prior to yesterday and disable auto update

I started having the same issue with a Tab 3 and a P3P over two years ago. It hasn't been fixed by Dji since. Only way I finally got it corrected was to buy an iPad for flying use only. Dji is drowning even that now with add on's to the GO4 (new drone, P4P) application. Had to clean off as many applications on even the iPad for it to function with the latest firmware and software updates. It's the Dji GO application! I can fly the drone with either the Tab 3 or now iPad. No video at all on the Tab 3 and now shakey (green splotches) on the iPad. Removed all of the other apps that I could on the iPad today and seems to work again as it should. Good luck!

Reactions: Bashy
Hi folks

Back story

A few days back, i was trying to get the Tab 2 to work with my P4P, alas it all failed, The end :D

Issue at hand;

Yesterday, i took out the P4P with my Note 3 as always, fired it all up and i now get the worst
live view image of all time, big green areas, bits of purple, breaks, ok, you get the picture, i should
add that the actual recording appears ok.

I have tried refreshing both the RC and the AC firmware to no avail, i tried downgrading the AC to no
avail. What i cannot try is downgrading the RC because i cannot find an older FW for it anywhere.
May help if i knew what the previous FW numbers were so i could try a search that way?

Failing that, any thoughts from you guys please?

PS, i have tried it at various locations, have tried the resetting of the RC using the button combinations
i have tried removing the DJI Go app (its not the app though, same in litchi), i even went as far as to reset my phone to factory (gutted about doing that too)

If i was a gambling man, i would say that there is a mismatch between AC and RC but its not being picked up, i have a feeling that the RC FW thats on my phone is perhaps corrupt but not enough so that it wont install. This is why i would like an older RC FW to rule out software issue...

Try borrowing an iPad from some kind soul Bashy. Dji says they support the Android devices but are (I assume) designed around use with Apple products.

Reactions: tevek
I should update this, a few days later DJI fixed the app issue for android with a re-release of 4.1.18, sorry for my lateness

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav