P4P gimbal noise. To send in or not to send in...

Reaction score
Title pretty much speaks for itself. Its made these little noises around the end of its movement limits since I got it, someone just said they think its a bad gimbal. No wrecks, just over 8 hours on it. Its never performed less than desired, so Im curious if anyone can expound on this. I cant get the file to upload now so go figure

Are you referring to when you're holding your Phantom in your hands in such a way that forces the gimbal to its limits? If so, mine does this too. It's normal. If you think think your case is unusual though, then upload a video to YouTube and post a link back here so we can hear it.

That is precisely what I mean. As i pitch the drone by hand I can re-create, and it made the same noise when I calibrated my obstacle avoidance (back of battery pointed down at ground, camera to ceiling. Calibrating lower sensors). If this is to be expected, that is a relief. I will still try to get the video up as well. Thank you

Good! Hope that is the problem. If you have to send it back, then prepare yourself for dealing with their customer service department! And, chances are you’ll get someone’s older high mileage crashed drone!

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

So Im getting “the noise” more frequently, and now almost every time i land and go pick it up the gimbal is “buzzing”. I believe it to be “buzzing” in flight also, as im getting a horrible jitter out of all of my Tripod mode videos. I think im up S creek.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl