P4P Gimbal issues, where to start

Reaction score
Greetings, I inherited a pristine P4P from my dad. Have enjoyed flying it with no issues. Has always been well taken care of, never crashed. May have been powered up with the gimbal lock on a couple times. Recently, after power up, the gimbal turns to the right(if looking down at the craft) and in flight, the gimbal is super shaky, seems to slosh about when the craft is moving and is blown around when at hover. Also getting a gimbal motor overload error. Would like to correct this myself, have calibrated multiple times with no change. Seems to be an overload of info online. Thanks I’m advance for your help.

Greetings, I inherited a pristine P4P from my dad. Have enjoyed flying it with no issues. Has always been well taken care of, never crashed. May have been powered up with the gimbal lock on a couple times. Recently, after power up, the gimbal turns to the right(if looking down at the craft) and in flight, the gimbal is super shaky, seems to slosh about when the craft is moving and is blown around when at hover. Also getting a gimbal motor overload error. Would like to correct this myself, have calibrated multiple times with no change. Seems to be an overload of info online. Thanks I’m advance for your help.

If the gimbal lock is left on & the drone is moved around, the gimbal motors are restricted from stabilizing, which causes the coating on the motor's copper wires to melt. It can be accumulative & have no effect until the melt lets the copper wires touch each other without insulation; hence, it can no longer function as it is supposed to. Your yaw motor is showing signs of this & needs to be replaced. HOWEVER, if you purchase a "new" yaw motor, be sure to swap the old drum to the new motor, since it is sync'd to the yaw/roll ESC board on the back of the yaw arm. When shopping for yaw motors, make sure the gold contacts on the ribbon cable have NO divots in the gold. New motors have no divots. Contact the seller before purchasing, as to avoid the grief of getting somebody else used motor. If you are not interested in tackling a motor swap, myself or DroneTed can assist.
Cheers,
Jim

Reactions: MTO

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4