P4P flight in a Nor'easter Snowstorm

Reaction score
Watching blizzardlike conditions for hours on end I was itching to get a birds eye view of my neighborhood, if only for a short flight. This is not a cinematic masterpiece, but I did find it to be interesting and entertaining (just something different), although very gray and gloomy. All settings in auto and no real post editing other than a few cuts in timeline. In hindsight I could have changed some of the settings to pop what little color I had to work with. Anyway - for those who are curious - enjoy!

Nice.... I lived through that last storm here in Connecticut. I chose to ride it out indoors and give the drones a rest. The kids had a blast outside once it was over even with the bitter temperatures and wind.

Reactions: Heckmaniac
That's a northeastern? Where the wind? Nice video. Everything was clear and sharp.
Haha - it was the last hour or two of the storm (so heaviest stuff winding down) and there are points where you see the wind in the pine trees, but will say it was windier than it appears in the clip. UAV Forcast app showed 33mph gusts at ground level at the time of takeoff, as I was debating if it would be problematic - it wasn't.

That's a northeastern? Where the wind? Nice video. Everything was clear and sharp.
The wind never got as bad as predicted....30mph with occasional gusts to 45 or so. My guess is the OP waited until the snow and wind was a little lighter before putting his bird in the air. Boston received two feet of snow.

Looked almost artificial at first, not used to snow in Florida. Was surprised the solar panels were free of snow. Enjoyed the view.

Looked almost artificial at first, not used to snow in Florida. Was surprised the solar panels were free of snow. Enjoyed the view.
Thanks! Because of cold (in 20s) and wind throughout - snow blew off roofs and solar panels and drifted into pockets - 2+ feet in some areas and just a few inches in others. Overall we got about 8-10 inches I'd say, not as bad as some areas further north.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO
Watching blizzardlike conditions for hours on end I was itching to get a birds eye view of my neighborhood, if only for a short flight. This is not a cinematic masterpiece, but I did find it to be interesting and entertaining (just something different), although very gray and gloomy. All settings in auto and no real post editing other than a few cuts in timeline. In hindsight I could have changed some of the settings to pop what little color I had to work with. Anyway - for those who are curious - enjoy!

The straight down views of the bare trees are pretty neat.

Very nice!

Good video liked it. if I may, what was the temperature out? I have yet to get my p4pv2 off the ground laugh if you might but iam going on my second year with my still brand new p4p (afraid of crashing this almost 4,000.00 drone (with all the extras I bought and shipped here to Canada). but I will be soon just getting all things in order for my first flight I have watched and learned so much but I guess its just that first flight anyway thanks for doing the winter flight and the winds hardly moved your flight which was great to see .
Thanks Dave Halifax Canada

Good video liked it. if I may, what was the temperature out? I have yet to get my p4pv2 off the ground laugh if you might but iam going on my second year with my still brand new p4p (afraid of crashing this almost 4,000.00 drone (with all the extras I bought and shipped here to Canada). but I will be soon just getting all things in order for my first flight I have watched and learned so much but I guess its just that first flight anyway thanks for doing the winter flight and the winds hardly moved your flight which was great to see .
Thanks Dave Halifax Canada
I don't recall exact temp, but would say mid-high 20s (cold)! I've spent my fair share on the hobby, but not that much on a single drone - I'd be kind of nervous having that much in the air as well (lol). Good luck on your first flight and post some footage!

Last edited:
Looking good but think I'd stay inside.
Must be difficult to fly in a white area with a white drone and keep track of it. Goodness knows it's hard enough when it's not snowing.
I suppose lawn mowing is off the agenda for a few weeks.

Reactions: SkyFly
Looking good but think I'd stay inside.
Must be difficult to fly in a white area with a white drone and keep track of it. Goodness knows it's hard enough when it's not snowing.
I suppose lawn mowing is off the agenda for a few weeks.
I have black props (MAS) and strobes to keep visual on it, not that I was out far. And - I did stay inside (just inside my back garage door for the most part), just the P4P went out to play for a bit (lol)...

Irresponsible but good for you not losing control I guess? Kind of wanted to see you bite the du…er, snow in this video. Your motors certainly aren’t as good as they are before. And to the guy with a P4P that has never flown it in two years…I just have no words 😶. Wow.

Irresponsible but good for you not losing control I guess? Kind of wanted to see you bite the du…er, snow in this video. Your motors certainly aren’t as good as they are before. And to the guy with a P4P that has never flown it in two years…I just have no words 😶. Wow.
Neither irresponsible nor underpowered - and I never lose control. Not engaging with you on this much beyond that, but guess you did get a reaction from me which is probably what you were going for with your odd comment.

Thanks for sharing, Heck. I enjoyed watching. Good music selection. Nothing quite as peaceful as "being out in a snow storm"
I like the black props selection and think I will be looking into a set for myself. Always learn something from this site.

Thanks again,
Bernie in Maryland.

Reactions: Heckmaniac
Thanks for sharing, Heck. I enjoyed watching. Good music selection. Nothing quite as peaceful as "being out in a snow storm"
I like the black props selection and think I will be looking into a set for myself. Always learn something from this site.

Thanks again,
Bernie in Maryland.
If you can't find black props easily, just dye them with rit dye. I have props dyed for years and work great. Dye them orange if you want.

Reactions: doug_las
If you can't find black props easily, just dye them with rit dye. I have props dyed for years and work great. Dye them orange if you want.
I wouldn't have thought of that WV.. Brush on?
Mine are "Stealth" Props from Masterairscrew.com - black ones are $26 for a set. They do have sales a few times a year and seen them for a few $'s cheaper. They also get you on shipping unless you buy 2 or more sets. They sell them in Black, Orange, Sky Blue, Red, and White. They are quieter than standard props, but not crazy quiet like some smaller drones.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20