P4P didn’t save pictures?

Reaction score
I had it set to 5 exposure AEB. Only SOME of the pictures ended up on the card. I mean all five pictures would be missing of a particular shot. I know I took the shots, as I heard the rapid shutter sound of the AEB brackets.

This was a professional job. Now I have to do it again.

Is there a reason for this to happen???

Might depend on the write speed of the card. Just a wag.

In that case you’d think at least some of the five bracketed images would appear on the card.

I’ve been using this same card for a while.

Yes. I said certain brackets of exposures are missing. Five shots of one image are missing, but five shots of another image are present.

If it was a write problem with the card, I’d expect it to produce maybe three shots out of five of a particular shot, or incomplete files. It didn’t.

It’s as if it just chose not to take a particular bracket when I pushed the button.

If it was a write problem with the card, I’d expect it to produce maybe three shots out of five of a particular shot, or incomplete files.
That is what I would expect as well. Your wording wasn't very clear. The only other thing I can think of is if the shots were too close together. As if you took the 5 shots, and another 5 shots before the first five were completely written to the card. In that instance you would expect a set of 5 to be missing.

In that case, that should eliminate a card speed issue. Might just be one of those "Stuff Happens" moments unfortunately.

I had it set to 5 exposure AEB. Only SOME of the pictures ended up on the card. I mean all five pictures would be missing of a particular shot. I know I took the shots, as I heard the rapid shutter sound of the AEB brackets.
Do some bench testing to see if this happens consistently.
Can you shoot brackets of 3 without problems?
Do you need brackets of 5 and would 3 be enough?
Try changing cards and settings.
I'm guessing that you were shooting raw and this may have been a factor.
How does shooting jpg only change things?

Reactions: Dutiful1

This was a professional job. Now I have to do it again.

When doing commercial or other work where it is not an option to loose footage, you should make a habit of checking the results during the session. The play button will enable you to quickly verify what is actually captured.

There have been several issues with AEB (thoughout the firmware-versions), and the last time I checked, these guidelines had to be followed for usable results:

1) You must be in A(perture) mode
2) Fixed ISO, preferably at 100
3) Shoot raw

Raw is important as the gained latitude is only 2/3 stops per image, gaining only about 3 stops increased exposure range even with 5 shots

Shooting outside A caused strange behavior and mostly unusable results (particular M which otherwise would be the preferred option)

Reactions: Meta4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl