P4P crash today - now what?

Reaction score
After about 10 flights I crashed my drone. I have read about flight logs and such - still pretty new to all of this. I was video recording the flight - there is a .mov file on the SD card that can't be opened - it was the crash video. I think I either hit a telephone line, or hit the ground. I was in Sport mode and going fast.

Battery popped out, gimbal broken, one arm dented but not broken. I have read about repairing it yourself, but I don't see doing that with the broken gimbal. I have read about not sending it to DJI- I did not get the crash warranty with it.

I am just sick about this. What are my options and steps to do here? How can I open my last video file? Repairs?

Spencer

After about 10 flights I crashed my drone. I have read about flight logs and such - still pretty new to all of this. I was video recording the flight - there is a .mov file on the SD card that can't be opened - it was the crash video. I think I either hit a telephone line, or hit the ground. I was in Sport mode and going fast.

Battery popped out, gimbal broken, one arm dented but not broken. I have read about repairing it yourself, but I don't see doing that with the broken gimbal. I have read about not sending it to DJI- I did not get the crash warranty with it.

I am just sick about this. What are my options and steps to do here? How can I open my last video file? Repairs?

Spencer
Maybe take up knitting?

Spencer
I suggest you DON'T go to DJI because the same happened to me, I had crashed it and sent it to DJI. It took them a week+ to receive. Once they "fixed it" it took them 3 weeks to get back to me. When i received the drone the camera was not working. The refused to give me money back nor replace the drone. I went through the same process 3 times! I highly suggest taking your drone to a repair center (not DJI, local or online). This alternative is usually cheaper, more convenient, less time consuming and nearly hassle free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic