P4P + CORRUPT FILES

Reaction score
Hi Guys wondering if you can help me, basically im having some issues with some of the record files from my P4P+ , I went to a shoot the other day, took about 12 individual recordings, when i get back and check them out, literally only 4 of them will play, the rest of the files are they but when i try to open them it wont allow quicktime or VLC to play them, they seem to be corrupted in some way

I did notice that throughout filming it kept automatically stopping recording so i had to press the record button again.
Ive been using a sandisk extreme class 30, U3 sd card so im sure its not that, Im also using a 2017 macbook pro so again im sure its not the computer, i just cant figure out what the problem is
does anyone have similar experiences?
thankyou in advance!

Hi Guys wondering if you can help me, basically im having some issues with some of the record files from my P4P+ , I went to a shoot the other day, took about 12 individual recordings, when i get back and check them out, literally only 4 of them will play, the rest of the files are they but when i try to open them it wont allow quicktime or VLC to play them, they seem to be corrupted in some way
Have you tried with the SD card that came with the Phantom.
Is that any different?

I'd try a different card, these things can be fickle about what memory cards work, regardless of card's specs. Also, there are a lot of counterfeit cards around.
That said, this may help restore some of the lost videos:
Repairing Corrupt DJI Video Files

Though I'm definitely late with this one, it can still be useful to some.

If you can copy your files from SD card to your laptop, and they won't play even in VLC player, then run them through with any video recovery software, either dji-fix (doesn't work for newer drones and cameras, and doesn't repair sound if there was any), recover_mp4 (or better its updated version at restore.media ), mp4repair or any other.

If you can't see the files, or they are less in size than expected (or even 0 bytes file), then the best option would be to make a media image file of your SD card and send it to data recovery service (e.g. same restore.media, they recover files manually if required, or any similar).

Small tip:
always format your SD card before important recording. If you don't, sometimes it would be impossible to restore files because of trash on the flash card (parts of files deleted long ago, duplicated sounds/videos, etc etc).

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl