P4P controller will not charge

Reaction score
My P4P controller will not charge. I have replaced the battery in the controller but still nothing. The first white light just blinks and Will move to the next one. Thanks for any help

Last I checked, DJI wouldn't sell the controller batteries for DIY replacement. As I understand it, they are different from the standard hobby market batteries of the same size and capacity.

Did you use a DJI original or aftermarket replica?

If you Google the problem you'll find videos like this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I did this multiple times and my controller would charge to 76% which would last me 4 batteries and it would be dead again. From what I've learned it's a regulator chip on the main board. Because I need to depend on my P4p for work, I eventually sent it back to DJI and they replaced the controller within 2 weeks for$90. They claimed it was a battery repair, many others have done the same thing. It's a common problem.

You have to reflow the circuit board inside with a heat gun. Google it and you’ll find videos
I too have done as you recommended some time ago but with only limited success. Yes, it does recharge to about 75%ish but requires several repeat charges to reach this level. Do you have success first go? And do you think I should :-
A) give it another go
or
B) replace the battery?
cheers

I too have done as you recommended some time ago but with only limited success. Yes, it does recharge to about 75%ish but requires several repeat charges to reach this level. Do you have success first go? And do you think I should :-
A) give it another go
or
B) replace the battery?
cheers
A- give it another go. It was three times for me and it charges completely now.

Reactions: Twilightdrone
I have had a bit of experience with this. You need to replace the main board. The other option is to send it to an outfit in California that replaces the chip. It costs about a hundred dollars to do this. I can get their info if you are interested. They do it through ebay.

The charger for the DJI Phantom won't work if the IC chip is broken. Consequently, you must refloat the IC chip. A dated firmware may also be to blame. A flaw could indicate that the battery isn't fully charged and cause the controller to halt. So, changing the firmware can resolve the issue. Finally, a bad battery may be the problem.

Reactions: Droneted
Did a refloat yesterday and it worked fine. 1 blink, now 4. For how long? dont know. Have another 300F going to DJI for repair/replacement, will post cost when I know more.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.