P4P controller will not charge

Reaction score
My P4P controller will not charge. I have replaced the battery in the controller but still nothing. The first white light just blinks and Will move to the next one. Thanks for any help

Reaction score
Last I checked, DJI wouldn't sell the controller batteries for DIY replacement. As I understand it, they are different from the standard hobby market batteries of the same size and capacity.

Did you use a DJI original or aftermarket replica?

Reaction score
If you Google the problem you'll find videos like this
I did this multiple times and my controller would charge to 76% which would last me 4 batteries and it would be dead again. From what I've learned it's a regulator chip on the main board. Because I need to depend on my P4p for work, I eventually sent it back to DJI and they replaced the controller within 2 weeks for$90. They claimed it was a battery repair, many others have done the same thing. It's a common problem.

Reaction score
You have to reflow the circuit board inside with a heat gun. Google it and you’ll find videos
I too have done as you recommended some time ago but with only limited success. Yes, it does recharge to about 75%ish but requires several repeat charges to reach this level. Do you have success first go? And do you think I should :-
A) give it another go
or
B) replace the battery?
cheers

Reaction score
I too have done as you recommended some time ago but with only limited success. Yes, it does recharge to about 75%ish but requires several repeat charges to reach this level. Do you have success first go? And do you think I should :-
A) give it another go
or
B) replace the battery?
cheers
A- give it another go. It was three times for me and it charges completely now.

Reactions: Twilightdrone

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lanman61