P4P Choppy Video

Reaction score
With P4P while shooting in 4K 4096x2160 in 60fps, shutter at 120, the MP4 video is choppy, start stop, flash of green screen. I just got my P4P back from DJI USA service. Are my settings wrong at 60fps?

With P4P while shooting in 4K 4096x2160 in 60fps, shutter at 120, the MP4 video is choppy, start stop, flash of green screen. I just got my P4P back from DJI USA service. Are my settings wrong at 60fps?
I should mention, the video is ok at 30 fps not 60fps, why.

The most likely explanation is that your viewing device isn't up to the task.
Perhaps a different viewer program would help.
Copy the file to the hard drive if you were trying to view direct from the SD card.

Reactions: Techcop50
I did download the video from the SD to my desktop computer which is pretty much kick-***, devils canyon cpu, 32 gig ram and $800 video cards.
The Windows Media player never plays anything but have had good luck with VLC and Adobe Premiere but they gave the same results.

I did download the video from the SD to my desktop computer which is pretty much kick-***, devils canyon cpu, 32 gig ram and $800 video cards.
The Windows Media player never plays anything but have had good luck with VLC and Adobe Premiere but they gave the same results.
I agree with Meta4, what you describe points towards overloaded system. It takes a hell of a lot of processing to display 4k 60. Pull up your system monitor and see what the CPU is doing while you try to view that file.

Thank you. I've played 4k 60fps before on my computer and on my new UHD TV but not now. The UHD TV says it's an unrecognizable file.This only happened after the latest firmware upgrade but not sure that is the reason. I can record at 30fps and lower but not 48 or 60. I wonder what is required to run a 4K 60fps if not my computer or TV. I have high end expensive equipment and can't imagine the requirements. Thank you again.

Thank you. I've played 4k 60fps before on my computer and on my new UHD TV but not now. The UHD TV says it's an unrecognizable file.This only happened after the latest firmware upgrade but not sure that is the reason. I can record at 30fps and lower but not 48 or 60. I wonder what is required to run a 4K 60fps if not my computer or TV. I have high end expensive equipment and can't imagine the requirements. Thank you again.
What CODEC are you recording with? I think some folks were having issues with the h.265 codec.

Thank you. I've played 4k 60fps before on my computer and on my new UHD TV but not now. The UHD TV says it's an unrecognizable file.This only happened after the latest firmware upgrade but not sure that is the reason.
Just guessing here ... what format is the file in question?
Is it .mp4 or .mov and is that the issue?
What format were the files you previously played OK?
After a firmware update many settings get reset to default values and the video format is one of them.

It is in MP4 and always used MP4 as I have a Windows 7 computer.
I have gone through all the settings on the DJI GO4 App, re-calibrated everything with no luck.
I'm at the point of just recording 2.7 and wonder what all the hype is about 4K 60fps if no one can see it without a $10,000 computer or TV. If you post it to YouTube or Facebook, they downgrade it anyway.
Thank you Meta4

Reactions: Techcop50
What sort of SD card in the bird U3, C10? Could it be that the SD card is not quick enough to keep up when recording? Tried a disk check on the card in case there are any errors?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl