P4P Camera Sensor Error after firmware update

Reaction score
So after updating the firmware on my P4P, I'm met with "Camera Sensor Error" and "Hardware Malfunction. Contact DJI Support to for repairs" <-- Exact words... "to for".

Along with this error, I can't format any SD cards. I have updated everything, multiple times now via all the different ways (Remote, App, Assistant), and i've tried about a half dozen SD cards, including the one that came with it. I'm at a total loss here. Has anyone else come across this?

Reactions: Dave E. Drones
I just updated a few days ago, Go 4 updated and afterwards it appeared to flash the AC and Control. P4P, no problems after updating.
Sorry for your issues.

I tried updating it a few more times, didn't work, so figured it must be hardware. Send an email to DJI, here's their response:

With regards to your concern, this issue occurs when the ribbon cable has not been connected correctly to the camera main board before shipment or after the aircraft crashed. Hence, information from the main board cannot be accessed and “Camera Sensor Error” is shown in the DJI GO app.

Do the following to fix the issue:
1. Check whether the firmware for the aircraft and remote controller is the latest.
2. Start the aircraft again.
3. If the issue cannot be fixed, send the product back for repair.

Reactions: Dave E. Drones
I tried updating it a few more times, didn't work, so figured it must be hardware. Send an email to DJI, here's their response:

With regards to your concern, this issue occurs when the ribbon cable has not been connected correctly to the camera main board before shipment or after the aircraft crashed. Hence, information from the main board cannot be accessed and “Camera Sensor Error” is shown in the DJI GO app.

1. Check whether the firmware for the aircraft and remote controller is the latest.

I am having the same issue. Everything was working fine before the update. After the first battery expired during filming I brought the craft back. Switched batteries and was prompted to update. I attempted to continue filming without updating as I was filming over the ocean and didn't want the update to change settings and sink my quad however it would not allow. I did the updates on the beach and after updating both the drone and the go 4 app I no longer had a feed and was getting the same error. Gimbal works fine, sd cards are fine, tried . different frequencies and different cables. I suspected maybe salty humid air as there was no crash to knock the ribbon cable out.

No I get message that states to connect phone to the drone to update data. I lost the OEM DJI Cable and am using one from my samsung phone that has the same female (USB) connection to male (micro USB) however not only does it rarely stay "Connected to Aircraft"..after updating the data I still get a black screen on DJI GO4 Camera.I also suspected having my phone hard drive nearly full as a culprit thinking maybe it would not allow enough space to properly update data. Emptied HD on phone (Fail)

Some people say to...
Try the video feed without an SD card (Fail)
Try Uninstalling and Reinstalling App (Fail)
Try Turning off Vision System as the error may not be the "Video" Camera (Fail)
Try Turning off Obstacle Avoidance " " (Fail)

Trying really hard to believe this isn't just a ribbon cable, however it was replaced after a crash last year and has worked fine ever since until this flight. There were no abnormal movements just simple up down and tracking shots, nothing that could cause the gimbal motors to overload and/or cause a gimbal ribbon cable to break or come loose.
Here is a link to some clips from the first flight so you can see I wasn't flying in any extreme fashion...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Any other suggestions?????

Did you end up sending it it? Please let me know what happens.. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic