P4P Camera part needed. Found!

Capt KO

Capt KO
Reaction score
Inside the P4P camera, directly behind the front lens, is a small rectangular thin piece of clear glass. For some crazy reason this P4P that I acquired, had a red glass installed instead of clear. I had posted earlier asking if anybody could help me with the red screen. It’s solved. But I need a replacement that is clear. Could not find a part number to see if it was the same for the P4 but I don’t believe so as it has a different size lens. If anybody is got something like that Laying around or if one of you repair guys has one, please let me know how much you want for it. Thanks so much.

To get to it, the gimbal IMU board and the camera in front of it need to be removed. That is where the little piece of glass sits in a frame. Behind front inside lens.
Need to buy junk crashed drones. LOL

Thar crazy reason is infrared conversion and in fact it is expensive. At least try once to use drone as it is now.

Reactions: Capt KO
I purchased a camera part for a Mavic from @D D S you may want to give them a shout and see if they have something available.

Reactions: Capt KO
Inside the P4P camera, directly behind the front lens, is a small rectangular thin piece of clear glass. For some crazy reason this P4P that I acquired, had a red glass installed instead of clear. I had posted earlier asking if anybody could help me with the red screen. It’s solved. But I need a replacement that is clear. Could not find a part number to see if it was the same for the P4 but I don’t believe so as it has a different size lens. If anybody is got something like that Laying around or if one of you repair guys has one, please let me know how much you want for it. Thanks so much.

To get to it, the gimbal IMU board and the camera in front of it need to be removed. That is where the little piece of glass sits in a frame. Behind front inside lens.
Need to buy junk crashed drones. LOL
Is the p4s one the same,I have cam in bits,,yes I remember your post while back now,,is it behind this square part............I should add it had small rubber frame but had no glass in there unlike you say you got red instead of clear,,my odd p4s never had any but the frame was there
15767087139122421456439422912322.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the p4s one the same,I have cam in bits,,yes I remember your post while back now,,is it behind this square partView attachment 116317
I don’t recognize that part on the P4P. It’s about an inch + behind the screw on front lens. If you pull off the IMU cover behind the camera it’s in front of that. Thanks
Thar crazy reason is infrared conversion and in fact it is expensive. At least try once to use drone as it is now.
The red glass is there for a reason? All it gives me as a red picture. My other P4P’s have clear glass.

Another picture,I might have found it,cant tell if red or clear,,let me know while I got few coins,,if it right one send me posting address and I ship today free
15767107054557312653833211076711.jpg
157671077967971290636011688471.jpg

Another picture,I might have found it,cant tell if red or clear,,let me know while I got few coins,,if it right one send me posting address and I ship today freeView attachment 116323View attachment 116324
That’s close. The glass is directly in front of that camera but still inside the unit. It actually touches the front of this. It comes with a little frame around it made of paper or something. Give it a look see. Thanks

Ok mine just sits together but I think glass stuck to board so I not want to pri it off....just add this cam work good but broke off in a good old free fall
15767111275503275978712401014077.jpg

You’re right, there is glass stuck to the board permanently. Just looking for the removal glass that sits in front of it inside the camera.
Yeh if you think it might work of looks the same as your board ,I ship it out

This is where that piece of glass is located in the camera. It in sets into a little frame behind the front lens but in front of the camera itself. Thanks
20191219_123818.jpg

I have this apart. The rectangular glass on this camera is attached to the sensor. No glass except the lens in the black plastic lens holder.
0F00B095-B0CC-4846-9EA2-3051693CDA83.jpeg
7F23CE01-3E56-4FDB-A4A4-1594BD816E1E.jpeg

With a slight bit of pressure, I popped it off the sensor.
And yes there is a frame made out of some material around this glass, but I don’t think it’s paper. Possibly a foam or very soft rubber material.
Certainly needs to be handled with care and not get anything on it. At the right angle, still attached to the sensor, it’s red, but removed and lookin straight through it, looks clear.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31