P4P antenna booster - dBi #?

Boz

Reaction score
Hi again guys,

I REALLY want top distance/range from my P4P without signal loss - but I only wanna buy once, so I've gotta get it right!

I completely get GHz now, I just don't really know what dBi numbers (high or low) mean to distance/range in generally wide open spaces. (..I'm far from big city living).

Also I see a lot of reflective cups that sit behind the antenna on the P3 & other models. ..do they do any good & if 'YES', is there a P4P version?

Thanks heaps!

I have the conquer range extender which pretty much I can take it as far as the battery allows me too, I actually have 2 of them 1 spare if your interested I might be willing to sell
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0767.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG

Reactions: tml4191
Interesting! But I wonder what all the fancy lights do to your battery life?
It has its own built in battery, I was like you after a top notch range extender done a lot of research and this I found the best reviews and I went ahead, was so good I purchased a second one, battery will last about 6 -8 flights with full batteries

So what purpose do they serve?

The range extender is very well made and designed, the purpose of the halo lights is just for looks and it's does look good, personally when I fly I have the halo light off unless I'm showing it off to someone

Reactions: Boz
View attachment 79626 It also connects and disconnects in a matter of seconds, you leave the original mounting bracket on which is good as it fits into the case it comes with....

This is how my setup looks atm
That looks pretty badass man. What model is this to get it in carbon fiber? Must be a skin Im thinking now?

Last edited:
That looks pretty badass man. What model is this to get it in carbon fiber? Must be a skin Im thinking now?

Yes it's a skin and a very good quality one too, thick and very sticky search up iclearshield in google or eBay and you will find their range, they have a few colours but the carbon fibre one looks awesome, it can be quite tricky to apply but there is a vid on you tube that will show how to do it step by step, u will also need a heat gun or blow dryer to heat it up and stretch it but it covers the whole drone from top, the legs a little strip around the motors and some around the camera, 3 batteries and the remote, I had another skin and found this one and it chops it in quality I'd definitely recommend it

Reactions: Boz
What's the purpose in buying a second one?

I was initially wanting to trade someone for a p4p+ remote controller and the spare one was gonna be used to mod that remote but the guy was a bit shady so I never went thru with it, but it's always handy to have a spare. I'm a bit of a hoarder so I like to collect things so it doesn't bother me having two and if the time comes that someone doesn't want their p4p+ controller then I'd offer a straight swap for it, I done the mod myself and it was quite easy, I had saw reviews of it from a lot of people and all talked it up pretty high so I went ahead with this one over the others and what a great choice... it's very well made and looks sexy. there is a vid on YouTube that walks you thru it and I watched it a couple of times then decided to go ahead and try it. Also the guy that makes and sells them is very good he will help you with anything you need and provides the best customer service and takes pride in that

It's called the command conquer by titan drones

I was initially wanting to trade someone for a p4p+ remote controller and the spare one was gonna be used to mod that remote but the guy was a bit shady so I never went thru with it, but it's always handy to have a spare. I'm a bit of a hoarder so I like to collect things so it doesn't bother me having two and if the time comes that someone doesn't want their p4p+ controller then I'd offer a straight swap for it, I done the mod myself and it was quite easy, I had saw reviews of it from a lot of people and all talked it up pretty high so I went ahead with this one over the others and what a great choice... it's very well made and looks sexy. there is a vid on YouTube that walks you thru it and I watched it a couple of times then decided to go ahead and try it. Also the guy that makes and sells them is very good he will help you with anything you need and provides the best customer service and takes pride in that

It's called the command conquer by titan drones
Plus the fact that my controller still fits in the original case made it a big bonus for me

WOW so glad I ran across this thread as I have been wanting something that performs the way you say it does with my p4p. So even tho the p4p operates using 2 frequencies 2.4GHz and 5.7GHz this antenna mod still works for the p4p? Also does it help with just the range or also helps the video transmission signal as well?

WOW so glad I ran across this thread as I have been wanting something that performs the way you say it does with my p4p. So even tho the p4p operates using 2 frequencies 2.4GHz and 5.7GHz this antenna mod still works for the p4p? Also does it help with just the range or also helps the video transmission signal as well?

Great question, the extender does both help with the range and in clustered areas provides better penetration, in my back yard with trees and buildings all over I can get over 2.5km which before I was lucky to get 500-800m without the aircraft disconnecting I'm yet to test it out in the open over water but before I purchased this I done a lot of research and spoke to a few people who already had this and everyone spoke very highly of it and said u can pretty much can take it as far as the battery will allow until it wants to return home due to battery life, yes this mod works for the p4p which is what I have but it uses 2.4ghz which doesn't really bother me as I'm getting the results I wanted

I too was after a good range extender and considered a few options and was looking at the fpvlr boosted range extender which I had heard mixed reviews and people saying it was very directional and if you not facing the right way you can easily loose signal, also considered the ARGtec, maxxuav and all the others ones on the market but a lot of the were mixed reviews and also then they wouldn't fit in the original case as they couldn't be attached and removed as easy as the Conquer, plus the conquer really looks neat and I love the lights, the guy who made them really went all out in the design from making a top notch range extender, then making it easy to attach and remove which can be done in seconds and also it looks fucken sexy! The guy who sells them provides top notch customer service too if you have any questions or anything about doing the mod yourself he will help you, plus once you put the mounting bracket on, and say u didn't want to use the conquer for long range you can also get "whip" antennas which clip straight onto the mount also and provide better then stock range, he has designed this mount so that all his products and any future products he releases can be attached to the mount, in all my little and big purchases for my p4p this is by far the best one I have made and I am very happy with it..

IMG_0748.JPG
IMG_0769.JPG
IMG_0770.JPG
IMG_0772.JPG
IMG_0883.JPG

Here is a few more pics and the size, it hold by a really strong magnet and you attach 2 "wires" (not sure what the adapters are called lol) which is like a 10 second job to attach and detach while the mount stays there and can fit in bags where the stock controller will fit so once you do the mod you don't need to worry about it not fitting in any carry bags or hard cases

Awesome now that im interested my next question is how long does it take him to ship im located in the US and did you do your own install?

Awesome now that im interested my next question is how long does it take him to ship im located in the US and did you do your own install?

I'm pretty sure he is also based in the US I am located in Australia and it took roughly 4 days which is insane to come from the US that quick, you could prob get next day delivery or 2 days

When I was asking others for feedback about this every single person I had spoke to said they actually done the install themselves, originally I was gonna send it to someone to do which probably would cost me $100+ which I didn't mind as I would have peace of mind knowing it was done properly, my only issue was sending it out to someone both the remote and the extender and the down time I'd have without the controller plus shipping costs etc. So after speaking with 5+ people who owned it who are pretty well known amongst the uas community and gave me great feedback and every single one of them had done it themselves, the guy that sells them has a vid on YouTube showing the whole process step by step which I watched and after about the 3rd time watching it actually looked pretty simple (plus all these other guys done it themselves) so I was like if they can all do it without issues I don't see why I can't and I went ahead and done it, it is a 10 minute vid which shows everything but after pausing and rewinding several times while doing it it prob takes just over an hour to do, less if you know what your doing. It's actually pretty easy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20