P4P antenna booster - dBi #?

Great discussion. Exactly what I was looking for. It's a bit pricey for a range extender, but I've had too many situations where I lose the signal and then sweat while I wait for the UAV to get back in range. Ideally, I like to be able to see my drone, but I frequently can't see it behind trees or buildings. The fact that I don't have line of sight on it makes it tough to get good pictures all the time. With this extender, have you had good success in flying "blind"?

I actually started a thread with my review on this as not much people had heard of it

Check it out, it has been a pretty hot topic a few have just recently purchased and are about to post their results pretty much anything you want to know was discussed in the thread

Link below

Conquer range extender by titan drones works with p4p - review and feedback

I actually started a thread with my review on this as not much people had heard of it

Check it out, it has been a pretty hot topic a few have just recently purchased and are about to post their results pretty much anything you want to know was discussed in the thread

Link below

Are you sure you're not associated with the company who makes this extender? You seem to be very keen on pushing them in every thread that even slightly mentions range extending.
You also have a spare one to sell. Your glowing recommendation also seems a little too gushy for it to be natural.

Are you sure you're not associated with the company who makes this extender? You seem to be very keen on pushing them in every thread that even slightly mentions range extending.
You also have a spare one to sell. Your glowing recommendation also seems a little too gushy for it to be natural.

Did u not see I was asked a question regarding it? Rather then discussing it all over this site I was referring him to my original post so I didn't have to discuss it all again here...Regardless think what you like if I was associated or not it doesn't matter to you since you obviously wouldn't be buying, plus my "spare" one I was offered to sell but I kept. Oh and since you seem to be lurking on every thread that I'm mentioning it you would have seen me say that I'm located in Australia

Plus what does it matter to you? It's none of your business or anyone else's, I posted my review and opinions and they are there for anyone make their own judgement before I came here and started discussing it, there was not one mention of this product on this whole forum... I'll be honest I do wish I was affiliated because I would have made a little bit... but if you think I am then why don't you ring the company and ask them? The people that were actually interested all made contact and after they did they would have been sure there is no way I could be linked to them

My question to you is are you affiliated with another company and feeling threatened?

Did u not see I was asked a question regarding it? Rather then discussing it all over this site I was referring him to my original post so I didn't have to discuss it all again here...Regardless think what you like if I was associated or not it doesn't matter to you since you obviously wouldn't be buying, plus my "spare" one I was offered to sell but I kept. Oh and since you seem to be lurking on every thread that I'm mentioning it you would have seen me say that I'm located in Australia

Plus what does it matter to you? It's none of your business or anyone else's, I posted my review and opinions and they are there for anyone make their own judgement before I came here and started discussing it, there was not one mention of this product on this whole forum... I'll be honest I do wish I was affiliated because I would have made a little bit... but if you think I am then why don't you ring the company and ask them? The people that were actually interested all made contact and after they did they would have been sure there is no way I could be linked to them

My question to you is are you affiliated with another company and feeling threatened?

Affiliated with who? Err no. I'm just noticing you've ramped up your admiration for this product that has very little user feedback anywhere online yet you continue to be a shill for this company. Giving a positive user review is of course fine but it seems to be bordering on obsessive.

Affiliated with who? Err no. I'm just noticing you've ramped up your admiration for this product that has very little user feedback anywhere online yet you continue to be a shill for this company. Giving a positive user review is of course fine but it seems to be bordering on obsessive.

All good mate, your entitled to your opinions but like you said this product has very little user feedback and if you read some of my posts I initially saw a review but then I found little information regarding it. So I had to search really hard to find more information on it. I did find some other people that also had it and everyone spoke greatly of it. I then had a great experience with dealing with the company and the product was exceptional. I'm not gonna get into it again but if your interested then read my posts I have another thread discussing this which has just been purchased and tested by another who just posted he had also great results and a very good experience... with a few others also in the process of receiving. I do wish I was making coin out of it but I can assure you I'm not. But I am very happy that others are having the same experience as myself which is the reason of my post.

What about the weight. Just spoke with James at Titan Drones and he said the conquer weighs 4 pounds. That seems like an awful lot to be holding for an extended period of time.

I, too, thought I would need a range extender wih the P4P, just like with the P4 and P3P. However, once I tried the "Auto 5.8Ghz" HD setting, I have realized that it is unnecessary! In heavily urban environments, at 100' AGL, my control and video range reaches well over 4 miles away (consistent with P4P specs), with NO mods. Also, flying with OA turned on, limiting your speed to 30mph, extends battery life to 24 minutes at that speed to 10% remaining. My stock flights all average over 50,000 feet. Before investing in any RC mod, first try the "Auto 5.8GHz" setting. You'll be happy you did! The hassle and weight of an external antenna are unnecessary on the P4P. :cool:
You mention 5.8ghz auto HD. Is HD automatic when using 5.8 or is there a setting somewhere to make it HD? Thanks

What about the weight. Just spoke with James at Titan Drones and he said the conquer weighs 4 pounds. That seems like an awful lot to be holding for an extended period of time.

I'll be honest it can and does feel like a bit, but for me I doesn't make much of an issue but I also use a lanyard and definitely recommend it as it takes a little of the weight off and can compensate. It really depends on the individual and how they will handle it

With P4P you don't need a range extender. Put it on auto 5.8Ghz and your good for 3mi, even farther with Windsurfer. 4lbs? I'm not putting that in my backpack when it's not needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: N017RW
conquer 1.jpg
Don't have a problem with the weight of my Titan RE , max flight time for P4P 30 minutes, if you cant hold a five pound weight for 30 minutes you need to get to the gym lol

Reactions: On_Bail_Cuz
love my conquer , it could burn through the starship entreprises forcefield! 5 bars RC and Vid at 3 miles plus

Reactions: K Henry
View attachment 80918 Don't have a problem with the weight of my Titan RE , max flight time for P4P 30 minutes, if you cant hold a five pound weight for 30 minutes you need to get to the gym lol

Lol that's a good way to put it haha [emoji23] but each to their own. [emoji123][emoji123][emoji123]I don't see it as an issue but for some it could be a breaking point lmao. Also as I said a lanyard helps and is recommended

Nice pic bro, have you done a max range test in an open area?

love my conquer , it could burn through the starship entreprises forcefield! 5 bars RC and Vid at 3 miles plus

How long have you had it for? Glad to see others are starting to post great results and experience that I was having. Before creating a thread discussing it I had seen very little info on it and it wasn't well known to other users and I talked up the product quite a bit, I was constantly accused of being affiliated with the company all because I wanted to raise the awareness of a great product so others can share my experience. How has it been for you? Imho best range extender on the market by far just has so many pros and very little cons, big call I know but that's becoming apparent as others start to see results for themselves

Yup I said the same thing just give him a set of pom-poms and and let him start cheering..

The website for the Conquer antenna doesn't claim P4P compliance, so the luxury of using 5.8Ghz is apparently sacrificed using the Conquer setup which is only 2.4Ghz compatible. If the P4P internal antenna for 5.8ghz has been disconnected that might blow the 5.8Ghz RF section of the radio since there's no antenna termination. If this is a self install kit, I wonder if the instructions discuss that. If it's not self install, and you have to send the RC in to the vendor for the SMA connector conversion, the vendor needs to disclose how they terminated the 5.8 radio to prevent potential failure, in case the owner ever wants to use the 5.8 radio again, with a better 3 antenna SMA connector setup, which I assume will be released in the future. I hear rumor Itelite was working on a P4P compatible design, but again, I see no need for it with such good range using 5.8 AUTO.

Reactions: K Henry
Yup I said the same thing just give him a set of pom-poms and and let him start cheering..

I asked you a question earlier and you didn't reply maybe to much for your brain to comprehend ?

Well don't talk smack and sent me these Pom poms big boy!, if your fishing for bites you have run out of bait cause I'm not even gonna bother wasting another second on someone like the both of you turds [emoji90] have you seen others that have purchased and actually dealt with the company make these claims? Thought not!

If you don't like it then don't post simple. I'm not asking you to purchase the product nor am I forcing you too... I don't get why you are following this thread if your not interested so beat it clown and piss off your not welcome here...Clearly you two are here to troll so have as much fun as you want.
"Bye, Felicia,

While I have the time of my life with my kick *** conquer!!

The website for the Conquer antenna doesn't claim P4P compliance, so the luxury of using 5.8Ghz is apparently sacrificed using the Conquer setup which is only 2.4Ghz compatible. If the P4P internal antenna for 5.8ghz has been disconnected that might blow the 5.8Ghz RF section of the radio since there's no antenna termination. If this is a self install kit, I wonder if the instructions discuss that. If it's not self install, and you have to send the RC in to the vendor for the SMA connector conversion, the vendor needs to disclose how they terminated the 5.8 radio to prevent potential failure, in case the owner ever wants to use the 5.8 radio again, with a better 3 antenna SMA connector setup, which I assume will be released in the future. I hear rumor Itelite was working on a P4P compatible design, but again, I see no need for it with such good range using 5.8 AUTO.

Sorry man I cannot answer this question as I do not know, best would be to call them and find out if that is of concern to you. Another person that recently purchased posted that he was given 5.8ghz whip antennas that they have not placed on the website yet so he is still able to get the duel frequency on the whip antennas and they also provide better then stock range but using the conquer alone is on 2.4... which personally not an issue for me as it provides great penetration even if heavy wifi areas

Sorry man I cannot answer this question as I do not know, best would be to call them and find out if that is of concern to you. Another person that recently purchased posted that he was given 5.8ghz whip antennas that they have not placed on the website yet so he is still able to get the duel frequency on the whip antennas and they also provide better then stock range but using the conquer alone is on 2.4... which personally not an issue for me as it provides great penetration even if heavy wifi areas
Oh that's good input to hear. If someone else got a 5.8Ghz antenna with their installation, that's a viable way to terminate the 5.8ghz radio to prevent failure. That's what I would have expected as a method to maintain 5.8 support, and radio integrity. It also lets the pilot use 5.8ghz in urban areas that are saturated with 2.4Ghz traffic. Even though the 5.8 antenna is not amplified, it's better than no 5.8 antenna and potentially ruining the 5.8ghz portion of the radio.

The 5.8 question is moot, you just switch to the 2.4 ghz freq before you switch on the antenna power. You could have the most heavily congested 2.4 ghz zone on earth , both those two inbuilt 3 watt amplifiers will blast through it as though it wasnt there, the same goes for trees.

As far as distance iflew a 10 kilometer flight today, and had full five bars on rc and vid at 5 kilometres distance , thats over three miles. Im only limited by the battery life of the drone now, i think if i flew flat out in sport mode i could do a 15-16 kilometer flight

The 5.8 question is moot, you just switch to the 2.4 ghz freq before you switch on the antenna power. You could have the most heavily congested 2.4 ghz zone on earth , both those two inbuilt 3 watt amplifiers will blast through it as though it wasnt there, the same goes for trees.

As far as distance iflew a 10 kilometer flight today, and had full five bars on rc and vid at 5 kilometres distance , thats over three miles. Im only limited by the battery life of the drone now, i think if i flew flat out in sport mode i could do a 15-16 kilometer flight

When you say 10km flight do you mean 5km out 5 km back? Or 10km straight out? I have heard people being limited by only battery life on these but personally I have only hit a 7km distance and flew back early...

Quote: . You could have the most heavily congested 2.4 ghz zone on earth , both those two inbuilt 3 watt amplifiers will blast through it as though it wasnt there, the same goes for trees.

This is why I don't really mind about the 5.8ghz sure it would still be a benefit to have but like u say it blasts thru as though it's not there: my main things I like about this is the penetration it gives and the way you can attach and detach between the whips and conquer plus sexiness of the build

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31