P4P 2.0 range meets theoretic limit...

Reaction score
Today I sorta flew a range test with my P4P 2.0. I got about 5,290' before RTH kicked in. Drone was at 355' above me. Later I came home and used one of my geek tools to calculate where the theoretical limits should be based on where I was, where the drone was in space and what terrain was between me and the drone.

Interesting thing is that I lost signal almost exactly where the calculator said I would:

range test.png

The yellow line is the theoretical limit of the signal. The magenta X is where I launched and the red X is where I lost signal and RTH kicked in. Amazing!

PS... the red clouds are ground areas visible by someone 6' tall standing where I launched.

Today I sorta flew a range test with my P4P 2.0. I got about 5,290' before RTH kicked in. Drone was at 355' above me. Later I came home and used one of my geek tools to calculate where the theoretical limits should be based on where I was, where the drone was in space and what terrain was between me and the drone.

Interesting thing is that I lost signal almost exactly where the calculator said I would:

View attachment 100632

The yellow line is the theoretical limit of the signal. The magenta X is where I launched and the red X is where I lost signal and RTH kicked in. Amazing!

PS... the red clouds are ground areas visible by someone 6' tall standing where I launched.

Nice! What app are you using to determine that range?

I recognize that area too. I’ve eaten at a McDonalds right by where you are flying on my way to SC before.

Nice! What app are you using to determine that range?

I recognize that area too. I’ve eaten at a McDonalds right by where you are flying on my way to SC before.

HeyWhatsThat

The website appears to be down at the moment but it seems to be fairly accurate. I have plotted a couple more of my longer range flights in that area and they are all aligning pretty well with the projections!

Tons of people pass thru Newport/Cocke County since I-40 runs right thru the area. Its a small world!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94