p4

Reaction score
Is there really a need to balance the p4 props?

Most of the props that come from the factory should be pretty well balanced .

But I do realize that some might be slightly unbalanced.

But if thats the case is it worh balancing only if they are slightly off?

If i were to get a balancer
I would get the Dubro 3387 3mm prop balancer with the
Dubro 499 prop balancer

Can someone show me a picture of a prop that was balanced with tape

My props are usually about 50% balanced and 50% a bit off balance out of the box. I know the gimbal will compensate for that small difference, but I balance mine because I like my Phantom to run like a well oiled machine.

Is it manadatory? No. Assuming you never get a new prop that is not manufactured properly, all should be okay if you don't balance them. I'm guessing more people don't balance them than those that do.

Reactions: JohnnyB
My props are usually about 50% balanced and 50% a bit off balance out of the box. I know the gimbal will compensate for that small difference, but I balance mine because I like my Phantom to run like a well oiled machine.

Is it manadatory? No. Assuming you never get a new prop that is not manufactured properly, all should be okay if you don't balance them. I'm guessing more people don't balance them than those that do.

How do you balance yours with sanding or tape?

They are good enough from the factory. The only time I'd check mine is if I'm noticing a jello affect in videos...

I'm not saying perfectly balanced props don't have advantages like longer motor life, longer flight times, but its marginal and would only be realized over a long period of time.

I have hobbies where I'm **** about stuff like and make sure they are absolutely "precision but this isn't it for me...

Dubro 499 prop balancer

How do you balance them? Set it onto something in the center to see if it tip's to one side?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

They are good enough from the factory. The only time I'd check mine is if I'm noticing a jello affect in videos...

I'm not saying perfectly balanced props don't have advantages like longer motor life, longer flight times, but its marginal and would only be realized over a long period of time.

I have hobbies where I'm **** about stuff like and make sure they are absolutely "precision but this isn't it for me...
I put a tiny strip of clear Scotch tape on the light side of the prop.

Is it possible you can show me a pic of your prop that has scotch taped?

Dubro 499 prop balancer

Yes you should balance props before using them.

You should have a good balancer and you should know how to balance props effectively.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Isn't the rod for that threaded? I'm wondering how you'd attach the prop for a P4 is why I ask,,,

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

The Du-Bro 499 prop balancer comes with this prop rod. P4 props slide right onto the end of that rod.

FYI, you can find some other prop rods and prop balancers that are compatible with the P4 here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31