P4 separate monitor - poor man's version!

Reaction score
Having seen a number of questions about separate monitors I thought my project may be of interest. I fitted the DJi HDMI module to the P4 controller giving me the HDMI feed to a 10.1 inch ultra thin TFT LCD colour monitor (EBay). This is powered by a slim Yuasa NP2-12 12 volt battery with 2.0Ah output – ample supply for the monitor. The monitor and battery are housed in a fibre-board sun-shade housing covered in black Fablon and with the base screwed to a Hama camera adapter plate – ready to mount on my Hama Star 63 tripod. I have used a 2 metre HDMI cable with a flexible Type C plug for the controller end as I don’t want any sideways stress to the module. Lipo batteries might have been better, but as with self- powered photographic monitors and FPV goggles, I couldn’t justify the higher cost. I use a Nexus 7 tablet on the controller and the whole kit
works fine for friends to share the camera experience and also passing members of the public have been fascinated – spreading the good word of responsible piloting! Food for thought.

Attachments

• Monitor Kit [1].jpg
    Monitor Kit [1].jpg
    393.7 KB · Views: 402
  • Monitor Kit [2].jpg
    Monitor Kit [2].jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 356

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members