2nd monitor

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have a small business going and had a thought. First off I am running a p3s with an iPad2 (30pin). I would like to run a 30pin to hdmi and have some sort of external monitor. It needs to be mobile as in not using a power plug so I can be out in the field. Anyone know any battery powered hdmi monitors on the market? Also does anyone know if this would work. Would the 2nd monitor cause lag?

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

An iPad 2 doesn't really have the capability to stream from a Phantom, let alone pipe out a signal to an external monitor. The minimum recommended specs is iPad Air or higher or iPad Mini 2 or higher.

I don't see why you can't. I work in av and have those at work. Will try at lunch and I'll let you know outcome

The other guy might be right about not having enough power but I'll try and let you know. I'll also try with a 30 pin to vga. I go to lunch in a few hours.

Last edited:
So yes it does work but lags a little but it is my iPad lagging. I will try to find how to optimize ipad before flying and try again.

I tried the 30 pin to hdmi and 30 pin to vga and both work. I hooked up to a 47'' monitor. The hdmi you need to power up while it's connected so I would go with vga. It is watchable but definitely laggy. I'll try to do tips to optimize and report back. I'll attach a few shots I took

Attachments

• 1465232497879.jpg
    1465232497879.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 374
  • 1465232509483.jpg
    1465232509483.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 333
  • 1465232521115.jpg
    1465232521115.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 322
  • 1465232531985.jpg
    1465232531985.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 338
It is very windy here so didn't fly to much. If you where to not fly as fast it won't be as laggy. My iPad 2 is always lagging so I don't ever use it. I will try to make it better and do another test tomorrow on my lunch break.

You can definitely use just about anything as a monitor that has vga.

So just for my conclusion it can be done but don't recommend using ipad 2. I just did all the things to optimize it with rebooting and it still lags some. If you fly very slow with not much movement it won't lag as much.

Last edited:
Tomorrow I will test my Micro USB to hdmi on my samsung s6 to see if it works with android on a external monitor.

Thanks for the help @mikep2323 Does the iPad lag on its own without a monitor? I have never had lag issues with the iPad but I haven't had it hooked up. Any suggestions on cheap monitors that ship to Canada?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

My iPad 2 always lagged for some reason. Nothing to do with the monitors. I'll check out some monitors later and let you know.

My iPad 2 always lagged for some reason.
As I said before, an iPad 2 is nowhere near the minimum requirements for smooth transmission. Even an iPad 4 isn't quite up to the task. If you want an affordable replacement, check out the Nvidia Shield K1. Your GS6 should work just fine, too.

Not trying to start nothing but you did say it doesn't have the capability to stream from the phantom or pipe out a signal to a external monitor. I just wanted to see if it could be done that's all which it did work but was just laggy cause the ipad 2 is to old for the specs needed. So for the conclusion it will work if you use a better ,newer ipad. Thanks

I also have been checking the Nvidia sheild to use. I'm tired of the small nexus 7 screen. Thanks for the info. I'm going to look them up on ebay.

Not trying to start nothing but you did say it doesn't have the capability to stream from the phantom or pipe out a signal to a external monitor. I just wanted to see if it could be done that's all which it did work but was just laggy cause the ipad 2 is to old for the specs needed. So for the conclusion it will work if you use a better ,newer ipad. Thanks
No problem. And, yes, it should work significantly better with a newer iPad. Also, the Nvidia Shield has a built-in HDMI out port that you could use.

I just ordered the Nvidia k1. Should have it in a couple of days. I'm hoping the screen size is better then the Nexus 7. It's a inch bigger so hopefully I'll like it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20