P4 propeller

Reaction score
A few sets of these props came with a p4 I recently picked up. Was wondering if they are any good. They have the 9450 part number but I don’t believe they are DJI. Seem like they are well made.
IMG_0317.jpg
IMG_0318.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 245
Some people will run aftermarket props and not have an issue.
I‘m not in that crowd. The question becomes what risk and what reward.
Other than the color, may be the same. Just remember the cost of replacing the aircraft if they present a problem. There gray/black props available from DJI that came with the obsidian edition. You should also check the prop mounts to be sure you have the upgraded mounts.
If there are small springs on the mounts, you’re good. No springs, don’t fly it.

Yeh I get some while back,some form of plastic and carbon fiber, they don't flex to much unlike the original prop bend which was designed for the phantom weight,,in flight these aftermarket ones seem very rigid and might be ok for emergency spares but no a fan off them in flight,,I know original DJI props are a colour of there own like opaque off white,your can tell difference when compare with multiple cheap sets,,I've brought a few but have always gone back to original
20191124_170032.jpg

This is the bracket set that comes with them. I have lots of props and don’t need them. More of a curiosity if I should use them.View attachment 115743
What set of pro locks you running,like in picture above or upgrade set for p4p which has a middle spring,,,those bend up tabs are terrible and always need bending to rest on prop,,if not using upgrade set you should get some,,cost is around $10 but well worth it,,better prop tension at all times...they fit p4s if that what you got

Depending where you are Ebay or Amazon or similar will have these sets,,prices vary on currency of $$$$..I changed mine straight away,,these spring set ups just feel lot more secure on the mount,,up to you if want to change or not but these are maintenance free unlike others that need a bend nearly every flight ;)
20191124_190146.jpg
Screenshot_20191124-190442_eBay.jpg

Thanks meta4. Didn’t know that.
Ianzone I just thought... I have a crashed P4P of which I can remove the locks from.

Reactions: Capt KO
Um just looking it look ok,,mine has same notch out if that your concern,no visable cracks on that clip..if you think it look ok ,,mount it,,,looks ok from this end in th photo,,I was in shock seeing that ..was the prop on that motor broken in crash,,again it look ok but if you don't trust it get a set on order
20191124_201811.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Terrycross
Where can I order a set of those locks for a standard P4 here in the US? They look really good!

I have got the carbon props (black) for P3A two years ago and they work good. I think it's the original DJI stuff. Came in DJI boxes.
I've been looking for such for the P4P but didn't find them. But these low-noise ones are also good so in fact don't need them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic