P4 Pro+ v2.0 - No setup screen or activation link; motors not spinning

Reaction score
I just got my Phantom 4 Pro+ v2.0. However, after putting it together, and trying to run it, the motors would not run-if I try to take off manually (with the sticks) nothing happens. With the automated takeoff, I get takeoff failure.

When I originally powered the RC on, it went directly to the sign-in screen. There were no setup screens or activation link, so I think these may be contributing to the motors not turning on for takeoff. I've done all the usual checks, including multiple factory resets. Defective? Thanks for any help you can give me!

I have a few more questions for you:

1) Which mobile device are you using?
2) How did you connect your mobile device to the remote controller?
3) What do you see in DJI GO after connecting the remote controller and powering on your Phantom?

Great questions,

1&2) So, I'm not using a separate mobile device since the RC has screen and device built in. I didn't try to activate with a separate mobile device.
3) After logging in through the RC, and if the Phantom is on, I see the actual "cockpit" with what the camera is seeing at the moment in the background. So, at least that's working. Otherwise, I see "Connect to your device" with Enter Device below. Similar to what's in the mobile app.

Ah, missed the "+".

What color is the left most light on the front of the remote controller when it's connected to your Phantom?

That's a good sign. Green means the remote controller is connected (linked) to the Phantom.

Is your remote controller running the latest firmware and version of DJI GO?

To check for a DJI GO update:

1)
Tap the gear icon at the top of the screen.
2) Tap "Application Setting".
3) Tap "Check for Update".

To check for a firmware update:

1)
Tap the gear icon at the top of the screen.
2) Tap "System Settings".
3) Scroll to the bottom and tap "Update".
4) Tap the "Check for Updates" button.

For the DJI GO - it says "Latest Update". For the Firmware it's "Version V0.2.4.2 - Current Version"

You could try resetting the remote controller using the DJI Assistant 2 application. If needed, you can download the DJI Assistant 2 installer from the P4P V2 downloads page. After connecting the remote controller to your computer via the micro USB port on the back and starting the DJI Assistant 2 application, you'll see the option to reset the remote controller.

Thanks I tried it, it kept failing. Not sure what the issue was there. I also did the factory reset within the app

So, are you still stuck at the same place?

Per, CS, here's what they said during our chat. Keep in mind, I have a +! Also the assistant doesn't give anything other than reset assistance, which doesn't work. Also, I mentioned the firmware version at the beginning of the chat, which is current.

"There are two methods to upgrade the firmware of Phantom 4:
1. The DJI Assistant 2 is the preferred method. You have to install the Assistant 2 software on your computer and connect the aircraft to the computer to update this way.
2. You can update using the DJI GO App.
To watch a tutorial video for these two methods click: HERE"

Note, I don't believe Assistant 2 will connect to a P4 Pro Vr2. You need to download assistant 2 for Phantom vr 2.0.0, which will connect but will not show the firmware list. The software is only available under the main downloads page for the P4 Pro Vr 2.0. DJI knows about the issue on firmware per my case, but so far their answer is a bit strange. Note, when you install it you will see a new name "Assistant 2 for Phantom", Assistant 2 will also be there and works for all previous consumer drones.

You can update via the djigo4 app (at least I could but I did not have a Pro +).

I am a bit shocked that DJI support told you to use assistant 2, not assistant 2 for Phantom.

Lastly, I would just double check with your account online with dji to make sure the activation took. It might just need to have someone at dji fix that.

Sounds like you are not in beginner mode, and unless for some reason the app feels you are in a NFZ? May be time to send it back.

Paul Caldwell

Paul, you just gave me more information in this note than the 57 minutes I spent with Customer Support. Thank You!

I did try the DJI app on my Iphone by connecting it to the RC, but it didn't work unfortunately.

When I go into my account, I can see my order, but do you know how I see activations? I am also shocked that I need to fight to activate something I ordered directly from them (the worst decision I've made in a really long time), but I guess that's the case with other products from other companies.

I did request a return/refund. Hopefully, they will honor it, but I'm not so sure given the shady CS I just dealt with.

Hi,

I misspoke, you cannot see activations. You can look up status of a dji refresh for a particular serial number. But under your account in the store, you are correct it only shows your orders from store.

Here is the way the Vr 2.0 is supposed to work with assistant 2 for Phantom.
you can connect controller, or drone via USB micro port to update firmware/refresh firmware/ or down grade. via djig04 you should also be able to check firmware (not sure about refreshes) and recalibrate the controller.

Currently on any of my PC's (win10) or Macs (High Sierra) with Assistant 2 for Phantom, I can connect and get the box with Phantom 4 Vr 2.0. However when you attempt to load current firmware it will not and gives the error "cannot load firmware please retry" endless loop. Per DJI, they are telling me this is because only the original firmware is on the Vr 2.0 thus the assistant 2 for Phantom can't load anything (that seems strange also to me as it should at least show current firmware). Not sure if a fix is coming for that. The controller also will not do anything when plugged in to Assistant 2 for Phantom. But my controller is stuck in error mode (flashing red light and beeping) Sticks are centered.

I hear your pain on the store, (I have been fighting them 4 days now for a return/refund on my Vr 2.0 as the controller bricked after 3 flights). it's moving forward slowly.

Paul Caldwell

Also the assistant doesn't give anything other than reset assistance
Right -- you cannot install new remote controller firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application or DJI GO. It must be installed as I described above.

Did you ask DJI if they have a newer (unreleased) version of the remote controller firmware available? Over on the official DJI forum, I sometimes see the DJI staff there giving people unreleased firmware to fix various issues that aren't commonly reported. It might be worthwhile to ask DJI support or post in the DJI forum to see if they have a newer firmware version you can try.

Msinger, hate to be rude. I just spent $2k on a product. Should I need to work this much to fix a defective product?

Msinger, hate to be rude. I just spent $2k on a product. Should I need to work this much to fix a defective product?
Nope. You should definitely return it ASAP if you're not into attempting to fix it yourself. If you wait too long, it might be tough to get a brand new replacement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72