P4 'Poor signal'

Reaction score
Hi guys. I have a P4 that seems to be having issues with video transmission. The drone appears to function correctly other than this. The channels all show poor signal or high interference. I have tried several devices and also down graded and upgraded firmware on the controller and the drone, as well as dji go app and litchi. All with the same issue.

Where else should I be looking??
19be3a0c11968c66726ae412856b5f5e.jpg
8b574b0fb72935c90439f054bb4e965d.jpg

Give relinking a try,,,30 min ago I update brand new p4s remote which was on firmware 1.6.0 and had exactly same screen as you got now,nothing I tryed worked untill I just upgrade to 1.9.3 on remote,,nows it's perfect,,,what firmware you using,,,in settings it says ABOUT at bottom it show what you got there

Any luck..is there anybody out there (pink floyd)
Just looking at your screen I say miss match of firmware

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, thanks I will try that later (I am in UK, so time difference). The drone, according to assistant 2 is in the latest firmware 200.700 I think the remote I think is ready on the latest as well. At least it doesn't ask me to upgrade. I will check again.

Thanks.

Also, I did try relinking the remote, but that was before going through the downgrade/upgrade process.

There is a method to do forced firmware,it's this post,,,the RC that I get with new drone I did not use cause I got modified remote aswell and I thought I would link it up to try,,rc light flashing red green yellow fast ,I not use computer I did with djigo4,took a bit to download the 1.9.3,it keept failing to download,,I just keep pressing download and it work after 10+ attempt,,now it's what it should be with crystal clear screen,,,no lies my screen like yours,,,only other way is to reinstall go4 and that will do version check at start up .........also no offense in above post,was just having fun..
Screenshot_20190513-110922.jpg

OK thanks I will try that.
No problem, no offence taken, I just meant that I am 10-11hr out of sync with you in NZ so there will be a delay in out conversation!

P.S
Where about in NZ are you? I have family in Timaru.

OK thanks I will try that.
No problem, no offence taken, I just meant that I am 10-11hr out of sync with you in NZ so there will be a delay in out conversation!

P.S
Where about in NZ are you? I have family in Timaru.
I'm north island in kapity coast,,just up from Wellington city ;),,hey Yeh I hope this fix it for you,,if not I dig deep till fixed,,pretty sure you'll sort it,,

It certainly seems like it matches all the posts I have read about firm ware issues. Hopefully thats all. When I check the HD channel screen the channels are dancing all over the place in red, it just keeps cycling through all the channels. That made me wonder if there was an antenna issue, or bad connection somewhere. I will try the firmware again and see how that works.

One day I will make it to NZ.. Its top of my bucket list.

Yeh mine was the same had me stumped till I found it was on 1.6.0 firmware,it's obviously not compatible if aircraft running new firmware,,mayby old firmware it be ok,,,some here have never updated firmware and still fly with working screen just fine,,crazy things ,,ps I never used to but p4 got locked so had to,,

Tried a different USB cable as you have already changed devices? Have you fitted the hdmi port to the controller. If so, you need to upgrade to 1.9.3 to get both goggles and device to work together. Another thing may be moving to a custom channel and dropping your transmission rate to 4 mbps. It will be less work for your device and you will get a better ‘vision’ on your device.

Forget to add a pic,,,bottom picture of my firmware,,,check what you got installed ,,I just say that cause I had no luck on channels,,they were like first post,,,,
Screenshot_20190522-204851.jpg
Screenshot_20190522-204918.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190522-204933.jpg
    Screenshot_20190522-204933.jpg
    1,007.3 KB · Views: 203
Just realised, I have been posting in the wrong thread.

So recap.
RC Firmware = 1.9.3
P4 Firmware = 2.00.0700(AC)

Phone connected to RC = P4 needs a firmware update.
Phone connected to P4 = P4 has the latest version.

WTF

I have updated and re updated several times now. Both using DJI Go 4 and Assisstant 2 (only works for the P4, doesn't know the RC is connected)

The image is all green and pixelated.

When I go into the 'About' screen through the app it tells me the app version, RC firmware version but has Aircraft version at 'Check for Updates' 0000000.

When I check for updates it seems to just keep the wheel spinning and doesn't do anything,

I tried the trick of holding down C1+C2+Record+Camera Setting Wheel but it just seems to boot the RC the normal way it doesn't give me the blue light as suggested in that Post.

I don't know what I am missing, I have linked the RC to Drone many, many times now, but its just not working.

Well it
Just realised, I have been posting in the wrong thread.

So recap.
RC Firmware = 1.9.3
P4 Firmware = 2.00.0700(AC)

Phone connected to RC = P4 needs a firmware update.
Phone connected to P4 = P4 has the latest version.

WTF

I have updated and re updated several times now. Both using DJI Go 4 and Assisstant 2 (only works for the P4, doesn't know the RC is connected)

The image is all green and pixelated.

When I go into the 'About' screen through the app it tells me the app version, RC firmware version but has Aircraft version at 'Check for Updates' 0000000.

When I check for updates it seems to just keep the wheel spinning and doesn't do anything,

I tried the trick of holding down C1+C2+Record+Camera Setting Wheel but it just seems to boot the RC the normal way it doesn't give me the blue light as suggested in that Post.

I don't know what I am missing, I have linked the RC to Drone many, many times now, but its just not working.
Says you got latest so strange goings on here,,when you try the remote button sequence to reload,,did you hold c1 c2 etc did you then power up remote,don't hold down buttons if remote already on,it has to be pressed and held while remote off and then powered on to get this light,,is that how you do,,,

Yeah, with remote off, hold all the buttons, then power up the RC I the normal fashion. The release all the buttons. Just starts up with the green light.

Seems odd that the app says one when connected to the RC and a different thing when connected to the P4.

With the P4 I can connect to Assistant 2 and refresh the firmware. Is there a way to do this with the RC? Go app only let's me downgrade then upgrade again.

Only way I know of is in #6 post abovemail I posted,,that's what that sequence is for but unsure why it not bring up blue light for you like it says,,dji info so no wonder it don't work,,ok I go have a dig,,I'm sure there's a remote rest I just have to find again,.....?..another tip I just red is leave drone off when doing this ,,if not already

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.