P4 'Poor signal'

OK find something here,,another post from same fault,,but don't use power button in process as bottom post read
Screenshot_20190523-191251.jpg

Reactions: Calcifur
Yeah I tried that as well, leaving the drone off. still no luck. I was wondering of there was like a 'hard reset' for the P4 and the RC that takes it right back to the way it was fresh out of the factory so that I can start with a clean slate.

Yeah I tried that as well, leaving the drone off. still no luck. I was wondering of there was like a 'hard reset' for the P4 and the RC that takes it right back to the way it was fresh out of the factory so that I can start with a clean slate.
Ha I must have know to screenshot that before when searching,,it's say p4p but be the same,,can only do that with assistant but unsure how far it will roll back,,,man your drone is haunted,,tricky things
Screenshot_20190523-194435.jpg

I will try again this evening. Defo something messed up somewhere.

So much for an easy fix.
Yip same mate ,,boggles my head a bit but I keep looking,,I not like things to beat me ,,just mayby send dji a email through support line and see what they say,,anyway my brain still thinking,,so I chime in bit lately

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. Key point on that post there is 'SHUTTER' button not 'RECORD' I will try again with that sequence.

Thanks

OK tried again with shutter button and no power button. No Luck.

Turns out the option to choose custom channel is IOS only. Just tried Go app on my work iPhone. Same story. Video signal is distorted and green, RC says P4 needs up date, P4 says it doesn't.

In the about section the of the Go app the RC/App combo still can't work out the firmware of the P4.

OK tried again with shutter button and no power button. No Luck.

Turns out the option to choose custom channel is IOS only. Just tried Go app on my work iPhone. Same story. Video signal is distorted and green, RC says P4 needs up date, P4 says it doesn't.

In the about section the of the Go app the RC/App combo still can't work out the firmware of the P4.
I'm android user and I can select either,I'm just trying to figure out how and what going on from my end,,,beginning to think hardware issue since nothing is working that we try and it is possible,,at this point since most of info and live view comes from cam I would pull it apart and inspect and reassemble it,it might come right,,unsure what else to suggest,,mayby chuck a new ribbon cable set at it and see what happen,possible fault here too since nothing work to corect it

Yeah I was hoping that it would not be that. I was beginning to wonder if its the device as I have read that some devices just can't handle the app. When I try my iPhone 7 I see the custom option but I can not select it.

I guess tools out then.

Thanks

If it was a bad connection in the gimble would the video and pictures not be affected. Just checked and they appear to be fine.

Just wondering

If it was a bad connection in the gimble would the video and pictures not be affected. Just checked and they appear to be fine.

Just wondering
Yeh that can happen just live feed all mucked up but can be normal when view back,,,I tell you this stumped me because it's exactly the same symptom I had with in corect firmware,,this just go to show ,not 1 phantom the same as the other when come to trying to diagnose fault and that's just stupid,,cam easy to pull apart and reassemble so hope that fix it,,have good look at ribbon cables,it don't take much to damage them,unclip and reclip to board might be all it take to bring it right,,post any updates,I not give up but hard from this end and not want to suggest buying stuff when it might not be needed,,I do have p4 in parts so if unsure ask ,,depending if part needed I might have ,depending where you are I might ship to you no charge just to get this fixed

I will get some tiny Allen keys and have a look. This is what confuses me. The app connected to the RC cannot detect the firmware on the drone. When I hit check for updates it just spins and spins.
b9d123d1cff7af036a34a0a28e5b3175.jpg
bd1b8d3d0b526ff38b84d55875398c78.jpg

Mine does this sometimes also,,i been reading back through in case we miss something,,you metion you upgrade and downgrade,,have you tryed reinstall of go4 app just in case...mayby delete all and start again with fresh app install and that should bring up any updates required

OK open up check for damage or burning smell any discoloration, gimble board behind cam place to start,again if unsure post pic,,I notice also no one else having a say and keeping clear of this so something going on inside that cam ,remember too I'm NZ so if I help nothing arrive for 10 days a least,so if something needed and can't wait try shop local to avoid the wait but if not mind and you find something not right me post to you and get this sorted,,pitty you not have gimble board just to try,it's bit hard without parts on hand to chop and change to eliminate certain parts,,anyway I watching and help if I can with parts,,Allgood I seem to send bits and pieces all over the globe lately

New development!! If I hold the left antenna directly above the camera as in this image. I get perfect image, slightest movement and it starts breaking up again.
So... Does that point to a bad antenna in the remote or something in the craft itself. I know you mentioned a ribbon cable.

e31e4852d8a752350f7a6fea7328649d.jpg

New development!! If I hold the left antenna directly above the camera as in this image. I get perfect image, slightest movement and it starts breaking up again.
So... Does that point to a bad antenna in the remote or something in the craft itself. I know you mentioned a ribbon cable.

e31e4852d8a752350f7a6fea7328649d.jpg
Ay you got picture,well I don't think ribbon cable then if that picture that good,they must be ok,,it's possible it might not be clipped into board fully and is moving,,normally a hot glue holds it to the board,it could be faulty if you hold like that and move anttena around,I know there not much solder holding anttenna wire to module inside anttenna ,just looking at me antenna parts

That left antenna has to be right on top of the camera to get that image. Any movement and it breaks up. I guess RC is easier to take apart to inspect. Maybe.??

I have lost track which antenna goes up the stick but might be this type see it clips in it might have come free..yes remote easy to open just be carefully with ribbon cables going to usb port....,,the plastic anttenna covers do clip off with genital force so can check without opening rc up but won't hurt to that way can check other end aswell
1558651438629-506262828.jpg

OK thanks. I will pull the back off the RC and check for wear or damage. I will also have a look inside the gimbal for the same. Is there a diagram that shows where antenna on the Drone connect and which one does what? Might as well check that everything is connected where it is meant to be.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers