P4 plus and Litchi loading

Reaction score
Having troubles with Litchi/DJI go not giving me the option to use either software. I have the controller with the built in monitor. Does anyone know how to disable DJI go from loading/booting up?
thanks in advance

Does anyone know how to disable DJI go from loading/booting up?
Not sure if this will work and not familiar with the built in screen other than the fact that it is Android based. That said, if GO boots up on start up. Let it boot. Then close GO and do a force stop in the system settings ( Force stop DJI GO ). Then try opening Litchi.

Thanks for replying. I have been doing that. I also connect both usb ports together but still can not connect with the drone.

OK unsure if this been sorted with firmware yet but this post say it won't work...not sure if this corect or not ,,if someone can confirm they use litchi on built in screen,,,,,other post I check say have to have 2 usb cords in rc so bit confused on that myself...you could email litchi help and see what they say
Screenshot_20181211-081421.jpg

Thanks for replying.
I believe ianzone is correct. The plus screen does not support 3rd party apps. The only way to run another app other than GO is to get a new controller. Below is from another thread recent.

The Plus model has been on the market for nearly two years now.
If DJI was going to change the 3rd party issue, they would have long ago.
If you are wanting to run DroneDeploy (or Litchi) you'd appreciate the extra screen size of an 8 inch tablet over the phone sized screen of the +.

Once again..... There is no reason to get another controller unless you WANT to use a phone or tablet.
Litchi works just fine on a P4P+ controller installed through Amazon Appstore.
I'm living proof. I've been using Litchi on my + controller when it was first available to do so.
The USB cord MUST be attached to both ports before starting up the + controller.
It's the only way you'll get a pop up box asking you to choose either DJI or Litchi. Choose Litchi (tap just once, I like the option of choosing every time) you will get another query box asking you if you want to choose DJI again, choose cancel and you should have Litchi open, and if you've started your bird up, should be connected

Once again..... There is no reason to get another controller unless you WANT to use a phone or tablet.
Litchi works just fine on a P4P+ controller installed through Amazon Appstore.
I'm living proof. I've been using Litchi on my + controller when it was first available to do so.
The USB cord MUST be attached to both ports before starting up the + controller.
It's the only way you'll get a pop up box asking you to choose either DJI or Litchi. Choose Litchi (tap just once, I like the option of choosing every time) you will get another query box asking you if you want to choose DJI again, choose cancel and you should have Litchi open, and if you've started your bird up, should be connected

Thanks! It worked! I also get this pop-up below. Show i ignore it?
Mark

Attachments

• 20181210_150820[1].jpg
    20181210_150820[1].jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 603
I too run litchi on p4p pro plus, works great, i did have to try a few cables before finding one that worked. Trouble was in cable not app or controller. Gkad you got it working.

Reactions: rangioran
I tried installing litchi using the web browser and buying from google play. It’s not working. ‍♂️
On the p4p Plus controller you will have to go into the apps and search for Amazon app and download it once you have downloaded the Amazon app you can purchase litchi through Amazon it has a different license than the apple and the Android version so once you buy it it will stay with the p4p forever it is not transferable to the others

I tried to to install the Amazon Appstore on my P4P+, RC controller version is 01.02.00.00. I always get: Installation error. The application is not authorized by DJI. So I am stuck although I follow the exact instructions on flylitchi.com. Any suggestions how to work around this would be greatly appreciated.

You have to mess with it but I had the same problem. Somehow in settings you can change it to allow unauthorized apps on device. It actually asked me when I went to downloads and saw it there. When I clicked on it it said it didn’t allow it yet until I clicked to allow.

Thank you for your suggestion. I have searched long and hard but the only thing I can find even remotely related is "Allow installation of apps from unknown sources", I have enabled this but it makes no difference. Any suggestion where I find "Allow unauthorized apps" in the settings ? Or maybe my firmware is too new and ths is not possibe on 01.02.00.00, I updated it yesterday before trying all this ?

I found the problem. Turns out I was not using the latest remote controller firmware 01.04.01, I was on 01.02.00.00. I tried to upgrade yesterday via DJI assistant but it must not have worked. I now updated via sd card and now I was able to install both Amazon Appstore and Litchi [emoji3]

I found the problem. Turns out I was not using the latest remote controller firmware 01.04.01, I was on 01.02.00.00. I tried to upgrade yesterday via DJI assistant but it must not have worked. I now updated via sd card and now I was able to install both Amazon Appstore and Litchi [emoji3]

Can you post the best Link that you have found to add the the LITCHI to the Pro Plus. ?

Last edited:
I did not find any great links. But this is what I did:

1) Updated the firmware of the P4P+ Remote Controller. I downloaded the latest firmware from DJI's web page DJI Phantom 4 Pro – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI I unzipped the file, put it on a micro sd card, inserted the micro sd card and rebooted the controller. I now have firmware 01.04.01.00 on the controller

2) Went to DJI CrystalSky - Litchi and followed the intructions to install Amazon Appstore and subsequently Litchi from Amazon Appstore. Finally with right controller firmware this went smoothly

I also updated the firmware of the drone and the DJI Go app. I have not tested any of this yet as I just got it installed and the weather is bad here right now. But at least I got Litchi to install...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic