P4 Non Quick release prop options ?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I have been searching but found very little info on Non quick release props for a P4.
I did stumble on master air screw props for the P4 but all links went no where.

The reason I want to get away from the quick release is I have crashed twice in 3 weeks due to losing a prop in flight. Both times just hovering or starting a decent from 200+ft. This does not look like a common problem but there are reports from others for this problem.
I did replace prop mounts and props (P4 shell halves too) after the first crash. Luckily this time it "only" broke all 3 remaining props and cracked landing gear.
Prop mounts are still on the motors.

I appreciate any help/ info.

You can get these off ebay,bit more tension than silly spring clips that are on
Screenshot_20171229-101005.jpg

Reactions: Andrunk1
Has anyone tried these? Are there any more permanent mounting options?
I never had any issues with the originals but after a year, I switched to the new type. They do seem to hold tighter because the spring is much better. Also, since the entire quick release bracket is new, any wear that occurred on the original set is now replaced as well.

Geo

Reactions: bad karma
Yeh I still on the originals springs,still doing OK for me,I do find though every now and then they need a bend back up to keep bit of tension on prop,@Bpace,,check white clips to make sure 3 tabs still there or bends spring clip up before prop goes on so you can feel pressure, 1514582142908-2101691167.jpgthese dime a dozen cheap,but yes not normal to lose 1 on each flight,something not right,also check when prop on that it locked ,it might have pressed down but didn't come up into lock position ,like I say I bend mine up hard

Just to clarify, I had about 2 hours flight time on the new set of props/ mounts.
I dont know if they were genuine or not, they were from ebay.
They did look identical.

Yeh I still on the originals springs,still doing OK for me,I do find though every now and then they need a bend back up to keep bit of tension on prop,@Bpace,,check white clips to make sure 3 tabs still there or bends spring clip up before prop goes on so you can feel pressure, View attachment 92744these dime a dozen cheap,but yes not normal to lose 1 on each flight,something not right,also check when prop on that it locked ,it might have pressed down but didn't come up into lock position ,like I say I bend mine up hard

I too bend mine back up every now and then. Mainly when I feel a little slop in the prop! I've also bought extras and replace them from time to time. Haven't had to change them all on one or two! Good Luck!

Your original flat type spring must have been really unsprung for the props to come off. Like ianzone said, they need to be bent back up (about to 4mm). Get the new type coil spring for the P4P (they fit on P4) and the re-bending is no longer needed. I put the new type on my P4 several months ago and they are well worth it and about 4 bucks a pair from dji.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20