P4 Firmware P4 Newbie firmware info please

Reaction score
Hi all, As a long time admirer of the Phantom's I went ahead and bought a P4 the other day to assist my photography hobby, I'm just a bit concerned whether I've done the firmware update properly or not, I bought an ipad mini 2 with wifi to use with it and, after connecting all devices I went ahead with the firmware updates prompt from the DJI GO app for the controller and Quad.
I thought that was all I had to do but then read I should've connected the data cable to the quad to transfer the downloaded data from the ipad to the quad, I thought the data was transferred to the quad through the controller using the lightbridge or wifi to be honest. I turned all devices off after all update warnings disappeared off the DJI GO app, now when I connect the ipad to the quad the app just says connect to controller for camera.
I've not attempted to fly the quad yet as I'm not sure if these firmware updates have been transferred, so I was hoping someone could offer some advice on this issue. Many thanks in advance if you can !
Best Regards
Paul.

I just bought the P3 Advanced. How do I tell which firmware version I am using for the controller, camera, battery and aircraft?
Turn everything on go to main aircraft screen scroll to the bottom of page and look under ABOUT

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl