P4 new firmware 01.00.0170

I asked DJI they said that the controller for P4 is not compatible with P3

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I asked DJI they said that the controller for P4 is not compatible with P3

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
After having been burned by Apple after relying upon what I was told about delivery dates, I now no longer believe everything I am told! :rolleyes:
It's cautionary, but let's try it anyway, and find a loophole or a workaround, if true! Apple found ways around official policy, and actually sold P4's to customers before March 15th!
The P4 transmitter model number is the same as the last P3 transmitter, GL300C, if I am not mistaken...with a slightly increased power output.

Has anyone tried pairing a P3 remote with a P4? I think the RC is exactly the same and they just relabeled some buttons and changed their function in software... Will try as soon as I get mine.

Fredz, well? Did the A or B controller work?

I linked the GL300A and the GL300B to the P4, and they work just fine!
That is awesome! Now we just need a P4 battery mod to support the extended range that the GL300A FPVLR v2 with boosters offers! Hopefully, improvements have been made to the P4 birdside video transmission (moving the gimbal support inside should reduce antenna blocking) to reproduce the long range video stability of the original W323 P3P, despite the 20% reduction in video power.

Thans msinger. 1.00.0288, that's another new version. They come quick.
Over the air I am at 1.0.170+, and I do not get prompted to install 288, nor can I select it. Anyone got it upgraded?

Last edited:
That is awesome! Now we just need a P4 battery mod to support the extended range that the GL300A FPVLR v2 with boosters offers! Hopefully, improvements have been made to the P4 birdside video transmission (moving the gimbal support inside should reduce antenna blocking) to reproduce the long range video stability of the original W323 P3P, despite the 20% reduction in video power.
The guys at FPV Horizons in the UK are already working on a P4 battery mod, from what I've heard.

The guys at FPV Horizons in the UK are already working on a P4 battery mod, from what I've heard.
Excellent! Makes sense. Should be the exact same procedure as their latest P3 battery mod, using two P3 batteries, and splitting one to make the externals, using two new P4 batteries instead. Moreover, a split P4 battery on a P3 battery would add even more time to the P3! 40 minute P3 flight times are just around the corner!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.