P4 - Latest progress and problem.

Reaction score
I have had a P4 for about 18 months and have been flown it with an RC from the Inspire model and Apple iPod Air 2. For a long time I had no problems, good distance and video feedback. Last time I have flown it was last mid May.
I keep the batteries and RC charged and never abused the drone.
I while back before the last few flights I have removed the original antennas from the Inspire RC and installed the kit with mini connectors, a mod that many have done.
Last months I have updated the drone FW and RC generic and also updated the GO4 app with the latest. After that, the GO4 app was always displaying DISCONNECTED in the upper left corner and no mater what I did and undone, I had the same result. Since I have a planned flight soon, I decided to FIX it. Ended up removing the kit antennas from the Inspire RC and installing them on the original P4 RC that was never used in any flights (Inspire RC is in pieces now...). After RC generic update and registration, now I have connection with the GO4 app and the video from the P4 is very stable and good BUT ant this time I CAN NOT start the motors from the sticks down/corner like before, motors ONLY start from the app auto start sliding bar. Is this normal as part of the latest DJI FW update or do I have a new problem now?
Can you start the motors from the sticks like before? If yes, any idea what my problem is?
Went through app delete, install, delete, start, etc and still the same problem after 5 hours of working on it. At least I have connection now and good video, whereas months ago I had poor video with green/black/green/pixels image even at 3 ft from the drone.

I have had a P4 for about 18 months and have been flown it with an RC from the Inspire model and Apple iPod Air 2. For a long time I had no problems, good distance and video feedback. Last time I have flown it was last mid May.
I keep the batteries and RC charged and never abused the drone.
I while back before the last few flights I have removed the original antennas from the Inspire RC and installed the kit with mini connectors, a mod that many have done.
Last months I have updated the drone FW and RC generic and also updated the GO4 app with the latest. After that, the GO4 app was always displaying DISCONNECTED in the upper left corner and no mater what I did and undone, I had the same result. Since I have a planned flight soon, I decided to FIX it. Ended up removing the kit antennas from the Inspire RC and installing them on the original P4 RC that was never used in any flights (Inspire RC is in pieces now...). After RC generic update and registration, now I have connection with the GO4 app and the video from the P4 is very stable and good BUT ant this time I CAN NOT start the motors from the sticks down/corner like before, motors ONLY start from the app auto start sliding bar. Is this normal as part of the latest DJI FW update or do I have a new problem now?
Can you start the motors from the sticks like before? If yes, any idea what my problem is?
Went through app delete, install, delete, start, etc and still the same problem after 5 hours of working on it. At least I have connection now and good video, whereas months ago I had poor video with green/black/green/pixels image even at 3 ft from the drone.
I would try an RC calibration which calibrates the sticks etc. I don't remember how you do it but it should be in the manual.

Geo

Done it and still no start from the sticks.

Would you mind disclosing the reason you decided to update the firmware on the Phantom 4 and Inspire RC, along with Go4 app? Did something stop working? When using mismatched RCs and Drones, this seems like a high risk move, since DJI doesn't support it. I'm glad I read your post, it confirmed my suspicions that upgrading could ruin a good thing with the P4 being controlled with an Inspire controller. That's really too bad, sorry to hear that.

Regarding the stock GL300C controller, before you installed the antenna kit, did you link it to the GL300C and confirm things still worked OK? You said you never used it, so do you think it could it have been broke out of the box? Or, did you use is a couple times? You might try linking it again, however I don't think that's the problem. It definitely sounds more like an RC problem.

By chance, have you installed those rubber band tension devices? If so, that can cause your problem, the plastic ring can prevent your sticks from reaching full deflection to the inner corners, however a remote calibration should have fixed that.

upload_2018-2-18_21-53-21.png

Last edited:
After the IOS 11.2.5 and GO4 4.2.4 the connection between the RC and pad was dead, connection was DISCONNECTED. Have red that it was due to the HDMI module but even after the 4.2.5 update it was the same. I was able to start the motors but did not have connection between the Inspire RC and iPAD AIR 2/GO4.
Tried the original RC from the P4 and all worked OK. Removed the antennas from the Inspire RC and put them on the P4 RC, all OK now it flies good and stable connection.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj