P4 GL300C replacement controller

Reaction score
I need a little help here. I have the dreaded P4 controller charging issue. My controller is out of warranty and I'm looking for a replacement controller. Which versions of compatible controllers should I look into getting.

The following remote controllers are compatible with the P4:
  • GL300F (P4P remote controller)
  • GL300E (P4P+ remote controller)
  • GL300A (P3A/P3P remote controller)
  • GL300B (P3A/P3P remote controller)
  • GL300C (P3A/P3P/P4 remote controller)
  • GL658C (Inspire 1 remote controller)

Last edited:
Which one would be the best option? What's the difference between the A and B models?

I need a little help here. I have the dreaded P4 controller charging issue. My controller is out of warranty and I'm looking for a replacement controller. Which versions of compatible controllers should I look into getting.

I sent my P4 RC in a month ago to DJI with the same issue and am still awaiting some sort of progress. Yesterday I chatted with someone in China about my case. Upon review, they claim there will not be a charge once they get the parts in stock. They claim I should see some progress in a few business days. My gut tells me they were guessing or just saying what I wanted to hear. My P4 has been out of warranty since June (purchased June 2016). Seeing will be believing.

Which one would be the best option?
It depends on your needs. If you want a remote controller with a built-in screen, then get the GL300E. If you want a remote controller with a built-in GPS receiver, then get the GL658C. Otherwise, you probably won't notice a difference (other than the price).

Some prefer the GL300A over the GL300B/GL300BC due to its greater range (as discussed here). However, that seems to usually only appeal to those people who are into making long range flights (well beyond VLOS).

What's the difference between the A and B models?
I'm not sure. They are different models DJI released with the P3A/P3P. The last available P3As/P3Ps came with the GL300C.

Thank you for the info. I'll be looking for version A since I'm in a congested urban area.

Can I get an absolute confirmation that the GL300E (P4P+ remote controller) for sure for sure works with the standard Phantom 4?

I own the GL300E and it works with my P4. You'll need to change the following setting to "PHANTOM 4" in DJI GO before attempting to link the remote controller with the Phantom:

DJI-GO-Remote-Controller-Choose-Type-for-P4.jpg

Thanks! I just don't/didn't want to make a +$500 mistake and find out after its too late that its not compatible then have to return it.

I have a GL300A with the HDMI and extended range antenna. I was about to put it up for sale as I don't use it. I u are interested let me know.

FYI, DJI replaced my P4 out of warranty RC free of charge. It took roughly a month including shipping.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94