P4 Gimbal Disconnected no picture

Reaction score
Hi guys,

got my P4 on Saturday and yesterday evening I was going for a flight and once turned on my P4 got picture for 2 seconds on iPad from camera and then it went black with message no signal, once pressed on no signal got the message that the Gimbal is disconnected :/ My P4 can go up and fly all is working just there is no picture on iPad and camera controls is not working at all. Every 15-25 seconds I'm getting back picture for 2 seconds but message about disconnected gimbal never goes away. I was trying to update and downgrade firmware on iMac, on MacBook Pro and Windows PC with DJI Assistant APP and it fails straight after download to firmware window. Once I got my P4 there was latest firmware on it. On iPad if I will go to the section About will get RC firmware version 1.6, APP version whenever and Aircraft version unknown :/ But if it's connected to the Mac or PC Assistant APP will show the latest firmware on it... Once I moving or flying with my P4 gimbal is turning to the right and left constantly but message will stay on about disconnected gimbal and sure there is no video. As I bought this drone for business to make videos for real estate property's and have already waiting customers is a bit annoying... May guys someone came across with similar problem and have solution?

Picture one: No picture from camera
Picture 3: Gimbal still disconnected but there is picture from camera (those 2 sec. and the disappears)

2016-04-26 21.41.31.png
2016-04-26 21.43.03.png
2016-04-26 21.41.39.png

This happened to me when I updated my RC controller first and not the phantom first then the RC.

Get your RC/phantom firmware to the most up to date and itll all be fixed.

I'm having the same issue. I've downgraded/upgraded firmware several times & it seems to fix the issue, but only until the next time I power off my Phantom.

This happened to me when I updated my RC controller first and not the phantom first then the RC.

Get your RC/phantom firmware to the most up to date and itll all be fixed.

Was your fix permanent?

I had an intermittent problem such as yours at first. And I was able to correct the situation with a new and shorter high-quality lightning cable and I also do preflight in this order: power on RC, power on P4, then I connect the lightning cable. Haven't had a problem since, hope it helped. Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4