P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

DJI GO 4 update to fix Gimbal Yaw apparently , I'm downloading now . This means I'll have no live feed now. Anyone else updated it?

DJI GO 4 update to fix Gimbal Yaw apparently , I'm downloading now . This means I'll have no live feed now. Anyone else updated it?
After that pathetic excuse to ruin our drones with that last firmware I aren't upgrading enything else again off DJI until it's proven for a month, no confidence in DJI anymore!

Just updated yesterday and everything works. For me, it seems to be more stable at hover and flying than it was new out of the box. All new features also work as advertised.

I couldn't stand new firmware so I downgraded my P4 to v01.02.0602 and it seems to fly as well as before last update!
I flew only few minutes. Everything was ok during the flight. NO WOBBLING! Motors' sound is ok. VPS works well, too.
Thanks guys!

Did the rollback to v01.02.0602 last night and flew today. Much better flight. My issue was that I could only go 5 mph in P Mode with the Obstacle Avoidance & Vision Positioning on. Now I can go 14 to 18 mph in P Mode.

Thanks

Hi
Can any of you give me an explanation why my recorded pictures and video now look like the attached image.
This has only happened since the latest firmware 02.00.0106, infact it was ok at first, it manifested after following DJI instructions to correct flight wobble by refreshing the firmware without the SD card being inserted into the Phantom 4 standard.
This is cracking me up now, any ideas ?
I have tried three separate SD cards, all of which used to be fine and they are all the same result.
DJI_0705.JPG

Hi
Can any of you give me an explanation why my recorded pictures and video now look like the attached image.
This has only happened since the latest firmware 02.00.0106, infact it was ok at first, it manifested after following DJI instructions to correct flight wobble by refreshing the firmware without the SD card being inserted into the Phantom 4 standard.
I have tried three separate SD cards, all of which used to be fine and they are all the same result.
View attachment 85908
Try to refresh again.

Hi

I can't provide any explanation other than the 02.00.0106 is absolute trash. You should downgrade your firmware.

I am back on 503, my ipad shows tripod mode [emoji52] isnt that what the latest fw gave? Or is the mode inactive.

I didn't test tonight as i was doing some long distance tests, managed a 22k (11k each way) round trip full signal, happy and confident now.

Reactions: gyrex
I can't provide any explanation other than the 02.00.0106 is absolute trash. You should downgrade your firmware.
I have downgraded to 01.02.0602 and drone is flying perfectly again, but it's not fixed camera issue

Already tried that and now running 01.02.0602 the drone is flying perfectly but still got this issue with camera

Was that happening before any fw update? Are the sd cards all the same or different brands and have you tried manual settings for the camera? Oh and try to download the image from the app with the sd card in, bird turned on and connect RC?

Was that happening before any fw update? Are the sd cards all the same or different brands and have you tried manual settings for the camera? Oh and try to download the image from the app with the sd card in, bird turned on and connect RC?
Hi Ryan
This has only manifested with carrying out dji instructions on how to fix the new firmware, they had me refreshing firmware without SD card in, this didn't fix the flight problems and since then all images turn out like this.
I have tried 3 different cards in drone, they are all the same and if I download via the app directly off the drone, the image and video are the same.
I am now running old firmware, the drone is perfect in flight again now but the camera is still doing this.

Hi Ryan
This has only manifested with carrying out dji instructions on how to fix the new firmware, they had me refreshing firmware without SD card in, this didn't fix the flight problems and since then all images turn out like this.
I have tried 3 different cards in drone, they are all the same and if I download via the app directly off the drone, the image and video are the same.
I am now running old firmware, the drone is perfect in flight again now but the camera is still doing this.

Did you downgrade your fw or have you stayed on the latest?

If you downgraded did you go straight to 602 or 503 first?

This would be great news, if the new firmware did not include the stupid new terms of service and the dynamic NFZs. This dynamic NFZ stuff is crap, I do not trust DJI to get it right and I do not trust the government not to pass new restrictive laws which DJI would then force on us based on their own interpretation of them.

What will people here do when the next firmware hard fixes max altitude to 400 ft AGL and limits max distance from controller to a mile or so and prevents take off from dusk till dawn.

Last edited:
Did you downgrade your fw or have you stayed on the latest?

If you downgraded did you go straight to 602 or 503 first?
I firstly went to and tried 503, then followed up with 602 which needed to be installed twice to be fully recognised.
There are no issues now with the flight of my phantom, but I'm left now with this image quality which ruins pictures and video alike

I firstly went to and tried 503, then followed up with 602 which needed to be installed twice to be fully recognised.
There are no issues now with the flight of my phantom, but I'm left now with this image quality which ruins pictures and video alike

Does your image quality improve on 503 or even the crappy fw? I'd open a thread on the dji forums, you may get better answers, it doesnt look good tho [emoji30]

Does your image quality improve on 503 or even the crappy fw? I'd open a thread on the dji forums, you may get better answers, it doesnt look good tho [emoji30]
Makes no difference which firmware, the results are the same, but it's all happened since 02.00.0106

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing