P4 Firmware v02.00.0106 Released (2017-07-06)

Yes. Infact I've noticed this that the update has made it much slower in sport mode , does anyone know why this is!?!? It's quite annoying

I am not seeing any speed difference so far. I get about 20MPH in normal mode and 50MPH in sport....unchanged from before the firmware change. I did notice that I had to reset the sport flag in settings to get it to work correctly (the Multiple Flight Mode switch...set to off and then back on).

So never mind I own one too many of these things.......

I finally received my P4P today (yes a new one) and off course had to update, same issues as with my P4 and Mavic (prior to reverting the Mavic Pro) minus the gimbal.

- Shaky and twitchy as hell......

- Also has anyone else noticed that weird "not centered/flying slightly off to the side drift" thing? - what I mean is I go full steam ahead and it doesn't track straight and its slightly off, think of it this way; you're moving forward but the camera is angled a degree or so left so I have to compensate at the controls to give the impression I am going forward.... (I HOPE THIS MAKES SENSE), calibrated compass again, IMU's, controller, anything I could find, etc. and still can't get it to track.

- It does not stay put on a hover, it drifts, some times is minor and sometimes big time, also I noticed today when stopped hovering about 350ft and readying for a picture that it will slowly pan on its own (maybe its just me being finicky now but never noticed that before).

This firmware absolutely SUCKS, I guess I'll stick to flying the Mavic for now (so feel like freaking returning the P4P $%# and not spending one more dime on these guys)

Last edited:
I flew through 2 batteries in calm conditions tonight. There is a definite twitch. Most violent when descending above a snail's pace, and in draw mode. Forward flight is always twitchy to some degree, I can hear the motors revving. Hey Macarena!

My gimbal also gets stuck at odd angles. Previously, it would swing back and forth before finding level when turning. Now, it gets stuck about 5-10 degrees off. If I manually level it,
the gimbal goes crazy off-level on subsequent turns.

So did a little test flight yesterday evening, and everything went fine, but i was getting and "IMU Error: Calibrate IMU", which seemed odd, bc i calibrated it already. so i restarted the bird, which was sitting on a picnic table, and the same error appeared way with all 4 LEDs lit up red. I moved the bird to the ground, and then restarted it again, and it gave me the error again, but then it went away and gave me the good to go......not sure if this is some sort of bug or not....has anyone else seen this behavior after the firmware upgrade???

Yes. I've had the same issue since upgrading the firmware two days ago. After upgrading and startup, I got that IMU Calibration error message. It eventually went away, and I was able to fly. I recalibrated the IMU after landing. Took it up again today and got the same message on startup. Recalibrated. Turned everything off and restarted and the message didn't show up. Hopefully, it's fixed and won't show up tomorrow when I start her up again. I'm wondering if you have to do this for each battery or if it was just a glitch when I calibrated it.

here's my results after updating everything and couple test flights to see what has changed:

first I noticed the titled horizon is still there (slightly better) , but now when to go correct it with c1 and scroll it moves very slow and doesn't make the clicking noise like before...I preferred old method, faster and easier to see corrections.....next I noticed a new warning that just plain bites, high wind velocity ...I was flying at 100 ft up and out and wind was only at 5mph , flew in way more wind in than this and have never seen it be a factor....sticks seems more responsive too...overall happy so far , wish they would fix this horizon issue though once and for all....also noticed the imu calibration was way different this go around, before just let it sit and do it thing, now gotta flip bird all around and be interactive in the process ..when start motors manually now , there idle speed is so nice and quiet , slowed downed from previous firmware

Yes, the IMU calibration process is a lot more complicated than it was before. I also have been getting the IMU CALIBRATION ERROR message. Hopefully I got it fixed after this last calibration. Flew today in 16mph wind and got that HIGH WIND notice on my controller too. Weird. Never got that one before. I hope these are just "bugs" that they'll get worked out soon.

I noticed that with mine this morning also.... Started the motors and lifted to about 10 feet in the air and noticed that it started a "Wobble".. nothing real bad but each of the 4 motor points in a circular fashion would drop independently of the rest to give it a wobble look almost like an out of balance. There was no wind to deal with and of course you cannot see it in the camera image on teh tablet but there nonetheless.
Another thing I noticed right off was the lower RPM'S of the props at idle, before applying takeoff thrust. I kinda like that since every time my bird would start up it had a burst of high rpm that lifted on side of the landing gearuo off the

I noticed that drop in rpm at idle today also. Strange, but I also kind of like it. Seems a little more controlled. However, I've also had that IMU CALIBRATION ERROR the last two flights. It does go away after a few minutes. I'm hoping it's a bug.

I noticed that drop in rpm at idle today also. Strange, but I also kind of like it. Seems a little more controlled. However, I've also had that IMU CALIBRATION ERROR the last two flights. It does go away after a few minutes. I'm hoping it's a bug.
I think that the checking process in the software has been re ordered and it is checking the imu status before it is fully warmed up and functional as I like so many others, have recalibrated many times and still get the warning despite it flying quite well

I think that the checking process in the software has been re ordered and it is checking the imu status before it is fully warmed up and functional as I like so many others, have recalibrated many times and still get the warning despite it flying quite well

Agreed.

Just wait a few moments more and the error clears every time.

Updated tonight without a hitch but I did get those regular error messages that seem to not mean anything. I did the RC first and then the bird as someone said that worked better. After that, I flew out close to 14k' with full bars before hitting RTH. I got high wind messages due to the high wind, but it was an uneventful flight, especially in the dark. I noticed that when it was landing, that it began turning around, which was different. I hope to fly it tomorrow during the day so I can play with the new features. Also, I do like that low idle speed now

I noticed that when it was landing, that it began turning around, which was different.

That would usually mean that precision landing is operating, but that does need a reasonable amount of light.

I sent a message to DJI support few days ago. I described wobbling and linked two videos. Here is the answer:
"Yes, I even reviewed the video with one of our senior technicians yesterday and he confirmed that this behavior is correct. In order to keep the effectiv speed more precise there where changes being made to the flight characteristics. It´s not an error or something you need to worry about. Only if you can see any shaking in your videos I would like to ask for some Videos that show the shaking."

No comments...

I sent a message to DJI support few days ago. I described wobbling and linked two videos. Here is the answer:
"Yes, I even reviewed the video with one of our senior technicians yesterday and he confirmed that this behavior is correct. In order to keep the effectiv speed more precise there where changes being made to the flight characteristics. It´s not an error or something you need to worry about. Only if you can see any shaking in your videos I would like to ask for some Videos that show the shaking."

No comments...
Awesome, tell them that the footage suffers: Slight shake in the video when you slow down and props on air when you increase the speed or brake

You may be on firm ground with that logic. After recalibrating the IMU last night, I turned off the aircraft, controller, and iPhone. When I turned it back on a few seconds later, I did NOT get the IMU warning. It may be because it was already warmed up. I'm hoping your hypothesis is accurate. We shall see later today.

Reactions: madmanbean
I must admit dealing with DJI customer support is like trying to talk to our queen on snapchat , impossible. They won't admit problems , blaming software issues on hardware issues to swindle your dji care cover , I don't know how legally they get away with all the things they do

Reactions: John Tarvin
Got a question: is it possible to refresh RC firmware after update? Maybe RC causes problems not a drone...

Reactions: tomasallan
Whew! I am glad my samsung tab4 can't run GO4 (when I tried and it sucked I was able to roll back at the time). I am still on 3.1.3 and RC 1.6 AC .0503 and my P4 flys' like a charm, I don't need or use all the toys'...:D But I do need a new tablet soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: schlepprock
Whew! I am glad my samsung tab4 can't run GO4 (when I tried and it sucked I was able to roll back at the time). I am still on 3.1.3 and RC 1.6 AC .0503 and my P4 flys' like a charm, I don't need or use all the toys'...:D But I do need a new tablet soon.
^^^This. At the moment I can't recall the exact numbers on app firmware or ac. But it is all from December ish and my Phantom 4 is perfect with zero issues that I'm aware of. Update??? No thank you DJI.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl