P4 controller thinks it's an inspire 1...

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Bit of an odd one - Almost completed the firmware upgrade for my P4, but then unfortunately my Samsung G7 interrupted the Go 4 App. Now, when I plug in my remote to the phone I'm prompted to use the older DJI Go app as it tells me I am using an Inspire 1! The drone and remote seem to no longer be paired...

I can't open the Go 4 app to re-sync or downgrade my firmware as it won't let me even look at the settings before forcing open the older app... Tried multiple cables, devices & reinstalling the app. Also tried a factory reset of settings on the P4 using the assistant application. No luck yet! I also plugged in my remote to my Mac and hoped the assistant would offer a solution, but it wouldn't interact at all.

The only thing I've not yet tried is a hard reset of the controller. I've looked at using the C1 + C2 + scroll wheel to reset the binding with the drone (& hopefully stop its identity crisis) but I couldn't get the remote to respond to any number of button combinations. I've trawled the DJI forum for ideas & YouTube but none of the button combinations had any effect.

Any feedback or ideas very much appreciated. I'll call DJI tomorrow to see if they have any ideas.

Maybe I should just tell my wife to let me buy an Inspire :D:D:D:D

Cheers!
Sean

It sounds like DJI Go was selected as the Default App when you plug into the controller via USB. Try going to android settings, Applications DJI Go 4, Set as Default.

Try manually resetting the controller then perform a manual relimk to the AC. The AC needs to be powered on and linked to be identified by the RC.

Seemingly DJI support isn’t always useless- saves me some typing....

BB44F3BE-6DD1-4F70-A3E6-92B6CF367A08.jpeg

It sounds like DJI Go was selected as the Default App when you plug into the controller via USB. Try going to android settings, Applications DJI Go 4, Set as Default.

I thought this would clinch it, especially when it prompted me to select Go 4 as the new default, but sadly it boots the Go 4 app, only to then switch to the Go App.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171224-081559.png
    Screenshot_20171224-081559.png
    80 KB · Views: 339
Try manually resetting the controller then perform a manual relimk to the AC. The AC needs to be powered on and linked to be identified by the RC.

Thank you for the guide on resetting the RC & relinking. Despite seemingly endless attempts to reset the controller using the C1 + C2 + Shutter button, the rc won't respond or reset. Similar to the relinking process, nothing seems to happen on the rc. I've tried a few other combinations found on the Dji site for resetting, but no beeps or changing lights

I had the same thing happen. I assume you are using the GL300C Transmitter. What I did was delete the GO4 app entirely. Closed all programs. While I was loading GO4 on my tablet I refreshed the firmware on the P4. When GO4 is installed turn off the wifi and reboot the tablet/phone. Plug the TX into the tablet/phone and first boot up the tablet. Then turn on the TX. What do you see?? P4?? Inspire?? Spark. It should come up P4. If not shut everything down and boot up the P4. Boot up the Tablet. Wait till it goes to the home screen, then turn on the TX.

It should work then. If not then proceed to the re-link process, and see if the TX links.

Just my two cents, Thanks

You're not in So Cal by any chance are you?

Unfortunately, I'm all the way over in Cornwall, England! :)

Still not much luck solving the problem, however I've found a bit of a clue - A similar problem was mentioned at the bottom of this thread here on the Dji forum: ( solved ) Hard reset Phantom 4 pro controller (by buttons)

The problem was solved by reinstalling the firmware on the controller - Any ideas how to do this without the use of the Go 4 App?

Oh yes, and Merry Christmas!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues