P4 Charging Hub with P4 Pro Batteries

Reaction score
I just purchased a DJI Phantom 4 Charging Hub and I have a Phantom 4 Pro with 2 5870mAh batteries. The instructions that came with the hub indicated that its only compatible with PH4-5350mAh batteries.

It seems to be working but will I damage the 5870mA batteries using this hub?

It's okay to charge both P4 batteries. I've done it with my charging hub many times.

Ditto @Kman said. My box says "Spare Part NO.8" and indicates it is for the Phantom 4, but is the appropriate accessory for the HC batteries. I've used many times to charge 3 batteries at a time with no problems.

Exactly this. The charger just serially dumps current into the batteries. They, themselves, know how to properly charge.
Which begs the question: Why cannot DJI make a multi-charger with different end plugs.... auto detect the cell count and plug in your Phantom 2,3 or 4 or Mavic... or Inspire battery for that matter.

I've lost count of the numer of A/C and D/C chargers I've bought over the last 4 years....

Reactions: sideburn and EPT160
Did anyone manage to use the STORAGE function of the charger with the P4P batteries? My battery was near full and I tried discharging it to 50% but no dice...

It could take a few days to discharge.

Mine took about 10 hours from fully charged (P4P battery) to reach 50%..

Sent from my SM-T713 using PhantomPilots mobile app
So noob question...what's the purpose of storing at 50%?

And I presume there is a 'correct' way to put them in the AC...I ask because I noticed I can put them in both ways (power button on the left or power button on the right)...but I just got my multicharger today and I noticed the slots on one side of the battery.

Then I looked at the AC an there do seem to be a couple of rails in the battery compartment.

When storing the batteries more than a few days, DJI recommend a charge of 50%. I'm not a chemist and therefore cannot give you a reason why. I do however listen to the manufacture's suggestions when it relates to their products.

With regards to the question of how long to discharge a battery using the charger - I've only had to discharge twice to the 50% level and both times all 3 batteries placed in the DJI charger were at 100% and therefore all 3 needed to lose energy. If however 1 or 2 were at a charge below 50% I'm not sure if the power from the battery containing a greater charge is used to top up the others? Perhaps if this is the case the discharge period may be shorter.

I extremely pleased with the charger, especially the storage function, as before purchasing I used to have to turn on the Phantom to achieve a discharge. That took a long time and often I would miss the 50% point

For information I have 1 5870 mah and 2 5350 mah.

Last edited:
Which begs the question: Why cannot DJI make a multi-charger with different end plugs.... auto detect the cell count and plug in your Phantom 2,3 or 4 or Mavic... or Inspire battery for that matter.

I've lost count of the numer of A/C and D/C chargers I've bought over the last 4 years....

Amen man... I really have no idea. The DC charger would have to have considerably more amps to charge multiple batteries in parallel, but surely the older batteries require less or similar amperage to charge serially.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31