P4 burned out during update?

Reaction score
Hello all,
I really need some help .I bought my son a P4 end of January from a private seller I knew. The drone worked fined for 2 weeks and then during after update would not work anymore. I sent to someone who has same unit and he said it overheated during update and now it's junk .
How is this possible and how do I get it fixed? I know nothing about these drones, my son is in the military and would like to figure this out and give it back to him. Any info would be appreciated, thank you!

A bit more info would be handy...some times the update can cause problems, what firmware is on the bird now?

I am stupid to this (just the mom) I was told by son that he was doing an update and then it would no longer work at all, he has always followed the instructions to the letter (OCD child) it never crashed or got wet or anything .just totally quit working. I gave it to him February 3rd this year for his birthday and by February 20th it was no longer working at all .So when I went to DC end of March I started the search for someone to figure it out since I am in Michigan and he is stationed at The Tomb of unknown Soldier and he cannot leave very often to try and locate someone to fix .I shipped it to head of our Michigan drone assoc who was willing to help me .He thought would be an easy software fix. Today he informed me it appears it overheated while updating and burned out computer board .that is what I know? For now. Does this happen? And how do I get it fixed? He only flew for 2 weeks and not daily .there are 10 short videos on card of his flights totalling less than half hour. This mom is upset .and needs help .

It's not unusual for the AC to get quite warm during an update, particularly the camera and most people place a fan in front of it during the process. Having said that, do the controller and AC turn on? If they do, what can you see on your device (phone/tablet) when it is plugged in? The firmware update may not have completed and that may be the problem with the drone appearing to have 'died'. If the drone flew fine prior to the update, it would be unusual for one of the PC boards to have fried.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3