P4 Pro (supposedly) Controller not Connecting to P4 Pro Plus

Reaction score
Hi.
I purchase a controller that was advertised as a Phantom 4 Pro controller and came in a box with Phantom 4 Pro manuals in it, so I'm assuming that the seller isn't telling fibs. ie that it really is a Phantom 4 pro controller. The problem is, it is marked on the bottom GL300C with no reference to version B. How would I identify it as being a version B if it is, and how do I get this thing to connect to the Phantom 4 pro plus?

When I connect t to DJI Assistant 2 for P4 it tells me that it isn't supported. It has no SD card slot so I'm lost as to how to update the firmware as well- which I guess could solve the problem, if it really is a version B.

I connect the RC to my iPhone 10 running DJI Go 4 and with wifi on. when I go to Advanced settings, it shows RC version 1.6.0

No matter which method I use to attempt to link the RC and aircraft, it times out.

The serial for the RC is 045JD027020358

Last edited:
Hi.
I purchase a controller that was advertised as a Phantom 4 Pro controller and came in a box with Phantom 4 Pro manuals in it, so I'm assuming that the seller isn't telling fibs. ie that it really is a Phantom 4 pro controller. The problem is, it is marked on the bottom GL300C with no reference to version B. How would I identify it as being a version B if it is, and how do I get this thing to connect to the Phantom 4 pro plus?

When I connect t to DJI Assistant 2 for P4 it tells me that it isn't supported. It has no SD card slot so I'm lost as to how to update the firmware as well- which I guess could solve the problem, if it really is a version B.

I connect the RC to my iPhone 10 running DJI Go 4 and with wifi on. when I go to Advanced settings, it shows RC version 1.6.0

No matter which method I use to attempt to link the RC and aircraft, it times out.

The serial for the RC is 045JD027020358
There’s a photo of a 300C Ver.B label in this post.

When you were in advanced settings, did you see the ‘Remote Controller Type’ drop down menu.

Yes 1.6.0
The RC's FW version is not the same as the ‘Remote Controller Type’ drop down menu. The drop down menu includes different models of AC's to which the RC can link.

Did you look at the label to see if it's Ver.B per the link the provided earlier? If you follow that link, aside from the Ver.B label photo and a compatibility chart, it also contains a link to search results for ‘Remote Controller Type’ so you can also see photos of that drop down menu and how to use it.

The RC's FW version is not the same as the ‘Remote Controller Type’ drop down menu. The drop down menu includes different models of AC's to which the RC can link.

Did you look at the label to see if it's Ver.B per the link the provided earlier? If you follow that link, aside from the Ver.B label photo and a compatibility chart, it also contains a link to search results for ‘Remote Controller Type’ so you can also see photos of that drop down menu and how to use it.
As explained the only information is Version 1.6.0. I did check the back. It is not a version B. So the seller lied.

• Sad
Reactions: Capt KO
Assume you already have the 300E with screen for the P4P +. Best remote for the P4P is 300F (with phone/tablet). Dual band and best signal.
Hope you can return yours for being misrepresented.

Reactions: Oso
I don have the controller that cam with the Pro plus. It, as I said, does not meet my needs. No luck returning it so it id now on ebay

Reactions: Capt KO
I didn't face the "unsupported" version problem with my controllers. I'm guessing the seller either lied or made a mistake.

I didn't face the "unsupported" version problem with my controllers. I'm guessing the seller either lied or made a mistake.
300C would work for a P3 Pro. If eBay it could be returned for being misrepresented.

Hi.
I purchase a controller that was advertised as a Phantom 4 Pro controller and came in a box with Phantom 4 Pro manuals in it, so I'm assuming that the seller isn't telling fibs. ie that it really is a Phantom 4 pro controller. The problem is, it is marked on the bottom GL300C with no reference to version B
As mentioned above, that's not the right controller at all.
You need a GL300F if you have the original P4 pro.
Or if you have a P4 pro V2.0, you need a GL300L.

I don't think there is any version B for the Phantom 4 pro.
The P3 controllers had A, B and C versions and they should all work if you had a P3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers