p4 bouncing on landing

Reaction score
just started to use litchi and the drone is bouncing on takeoffs and landing
get back to dji go the same.
what could go wrong ?
maybe litchi messed up some settings ?
it just reach 20cm from ground and start to bouncing when i take throttle all the way down
by the all was tested on P mode
thank for help

You would be wise to initiate missions when it is already hovering above your target area and get used to hand catching it instead of landing it on the ground.

What did GO report as your landing altitude verses your takeoff?

My recent flight had take-off at zero feet, but later the landing was shown as -30 feet. I don't know why that happened, but the reported altitude continued to drop the longer the flight went until it hit -30 feet at the end.

I'm thinking maybe Litchi would see the -30 as where it should go (Maybe a hard landing too!), but the VPS says "No" and then it climbs and a loop begins between Litchi and the VPS system so it bounces? Maybe same for RTH too where some autonomous control is being done by GO? I make all my landing under Manual control anyway as I like to "Grease them in" (Private pilot speak for "A smooth landing.").

It's usually not bouncing, it's more like the downward sensors conflicting with the landing speed - so-called yo-yo effect which is well-described. I'd recalibrate the sensors.

If you look at the other threads I've posted in, I suffered from this exact problem until about a week ago. I didn't dare land it. Was happening on take off too. DJI released a new Assistant app last week. I downloaded the new version, checked everything was up to date and thenrecalibrated the VPS sensors. Since then my bouncing has all but gone. Suggest you try that followed by, IMU, compass, controls and anything else.

(just to be clear, VPS calibration on OLD version of DJI Assistant did nothing to help. The new version has new calibration patterns and seems to work much better)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.