P4 best tablet lowest price

I think he's talking about the Follow Me function and if you move from your original home point while the bird is flying , it will use the GPS on your tablet to reestablish your new home point.
Please correct me if i'm wrong .

Sounds like some good advise. Great for in cell zones but a large amount of my flying is out of cell range. So spend on the 4 spend on a mini 4 sounds best. Guess the 16 doesn't have enough memory for all the data the p4 sends to it? Vids/ photos 4 k size.. . Some guys swear by the androids tho

Reactions: Jack1926
Guess the 16 doesn't have enough memory for all the data the p4 sends to it?
It has plenty of memory if you're not caching video on your mobile device. If you are, then you'd just have to remember to clear it off after flying so it doesn't fill up.

It has plenty of memory if you're not caching video on your mobile device. If you are, then you'd just have to remember to clear it off after flying so it doesn't fill up.
Exactly!! You can Also set the "Auto clean at 2 Gigabytes" in the APP. It's right under catch video. I do my editing on my PC, and use a 4 terabyte external hard drive to keep the PC clean as possible also. 16 gigs works great as long as you're not using it 4 your long-term storage and heavy editing. The follow me feature, and waypoint's Exedra are all controlled by your cellular service. The follow me feature is super smooth when you have a really good Cellular Connection. Same goes for the rest. I'll put up the link soon as I'm off work to show everything that the cellular service effects and controls. I'm pretty sure this will affect the P4 just like it affects the P3. Only thing the P4 has to add to the follow me feature is tracking feature which would not require anything extra, (if it works as advertised)???????? "Gotta wait and see"!!! Would be pretty cool if it can Really keep a Lock on the subject in "REAL TIME" circumstances. One other thing I noticed was how incredibly accurate the map display is with the cellular service through the iPad Mini 4, As long as you have the map tracking turned on. It literally acts like an on-board GPS in case you were to have to recover the bird for some reason. You can also set that to delete after each individual Landing. It's listed under the app as clear map after every flight.

Last edited:
What's the battery life in the iPad mini with the P4. I used my iPhone 6 and in two flights was at 1%. That's a non-starter.

Good question , I have been flying for one day with the I phone. Larger screen is what I would like. Works great with iPhone. I heard the case only fits an I pad mini 4 but not an iPad air2

Open box iPad mini 4 with LTE and T-Mobile 200mb sim. I have one for my p3 and one for my p4.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The device holder fits the iPad Air absolutely perfectly!! They HAD to be made for each other Obviously. All you have to do is go to a store with your transmitter, and open the device holder all the way to see what I'm talking about. The reason I feel the iPad Mini 4 is ideal was because of the anti-glare feature PERIOD. That combined with a anti-glare screen protector makes an enormous difference in the middle of a bright sunny day with just a sun shade, and nothing more. I have flown 6 batteries in a row, and I still have more than 60% charge on my iPad Mini 4 with the screen brightness pushed to the MAX. It is cellular, so the maps running wide open, but I do fly in airplane mode. Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth turned off. Another reason I went ahead and got the brand new iPad from Best Buy was because of the lithium-ion education I have obtained during my education on the Phantom 3 batteries. It's not just the Phantom 3 batteries that have approximately 200 charges in a life cycle, but all Lithium-ion batteries in general. Considering all of these factors, I decided to just except the two year contract, and take the deal to keep from having to hide from the Sun in some way shape, or form just to take a decent picture, or video with my Phantom. This goes for anything that requires a tablet including the inspire. If you're going to use any of the smart functions that will require the GPS I would highly recommend using Verizon Wireless as your carrier just because of the strength of the cellular signal, and GPS. None of those smart features are smart if your connection is poor. A dropped call is aggravating, but it would be a lot more dramatic if your Phantom was relying on that connection and lost it at 20 to 30 MPH!!! I know the risk isn't worth it for me. Especially if your depending on one of these functions around anyone or their property. I know that locations may vary, but I have never had a dropped call, or lost signal with Verizon, and I've had every single cellular service there is trying to avoid paying for Verizon service. I finally gave up the ghost, and just accepted that you get what you pay for. I didn't say I liked it, it's just the facts.

Reactions: Gpanek
I went with the 16 gig iPad air2 wifi cell and I love it finding a sun screen for it is difficult tho in Canada, also ordered a one foot long lighting cable

I picked up a iPad 4 mini cellular for 199.00 at best buy last week, and they added it to my Verizon account for $10.00 a Month. I've tried a half a dozen different tablets, and I LOVE this one!!! I HATE Apple products, but just had to Bite the Bullet with this one. It was Really worth Every Penny to Me!! Got a anti glare screen for $8.99 off Amazon just to maximize the View. I started getting sick of waiting on the sun to set. I couldn't bet um, so I guess I joined them, but not entirely. I an VERY Happy with My P3'Pro Now!!! Summer is otw, so I Really Believe this upgrade made WAY more since than getting a P4 when it comes to convenience. I can already see a Huge Improvement in my Mid Day video's, and photos. what good is a camera if you can't see what your shooting. Ya Know? They have a return policy from what I hear if your not satisfied. I also love the map display, and how it brings all of the smart modes to life like never before. Thought it couldn't hurt to mention this to y'all. I Just want to Help.
Thanks for the Post. I am same way. I dont like Apple Products. My Note 3 works fine-just smaller than I like. I can not get my Galaxy 10.1 to work. And not to mention Maps Made Easy does not support Android and other 2 Drone Deploy and Pix4D come out with Apple first (still waiting on Android version). Curious if 16g will be enough if all one is using it for is a screen for the controller? Thanks

Last edited:
Curious if 16g will be enough if all one is using it for is a screen for the controller?
A 16 GB is plenty if you're only going to use it to fly your Phantom.

Reactions: Cybrboss
I think he's talking about the Follow Me function and if you move from your original home point while the bird is flying , it will use the GPS on your tablet to reestablish your new home point.
Please correct me if i'm wrong .
How about connect the tablet / pad via your mobile device as a hotspot? Would that ensure the GPS connectivity for this function?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj