P4 Aircraft Firmware Update Failure

Reaction score
Could not find anything in the forums exactly like my problem. I have a P4. Opened DJI Go4 app and it said I needed to upgrade firmware on both controller and aircraft.
Upgraded controller first....now I see I should have done that after aircraft...it upgraded controller okay. Tried upgrading aircraft. Connected Samsung Tab S directly to aircraft. Full batteries on aircraft and tablet. Opened app, Everything looked good....left it to do it's thing. Came back about half hour later...still upgrading! Left it again. After the aircraft battery was at 1 bar, and the tablets was at 4% left...it was still not completed. Had to unplug it. I have no problems with internet...speed is 900 mbps.
Now when connected to aircraft, I open app, and it tells me aircraft is disconnected. Under Gimbal, disconnected too. No video.
I kept seeing in forums, "go to "DJI Assist". I use Android. So d/l to my PC. Nothing but "How to connect to Inspire". (I did not let it download 3 or 4 items since they were in Chinese) I read when I connect tablet to aircraft, it should tell me to upgrade and just click on it like I did for the controller. Nothing there now...just tells me "Disconnected"
So does anyone know how to fix this? I am very new to all this...as you could probably tell.

Last edited:
msinger...was hoping you would reply! Thanks. I down graded to 1.8.0 on the controller. It did not beep. Finished, so tried again. Now it says failed. Maybe because already installed.
It now says I have a Phantom 3 Prof. So what is the latest firmware for the P4? I connected like I was going to fly, almost everything looked normal, and had video. It said my gimbal was unstable. It looked okay. Video was okay on the ground. I did not fly...don't want this new thing flying off to never never land.
Shouldn't it tell me to upgrade to the latest firmware now?

So I have the latest firmware on the controller. Great.
Now, how do I find what I have on the aircraft?
Should I be concerned about the gimbal message?

You can find the installed firmware versions in the "General Settings" --> "About" section of DJI GO.

Will look for that. Upgrading P4 now. It's been about 30 min. I have a very fast internet service, so getting worried again! Like I said, it did this for at least 2 hrs before batteries died.
So if this fails, would it be safe to fly? Sorry for all the questions......

Upgrading to version 01.02.0602 on my P4. So far, rear lights are flashing constant yellow after about 40 min of firmware update. No other indication from the P4. Galaxy Tab S tablet says it's still upgrading....shows it upgrading...but....why is it taking so long?

What exactly do you see in the DJI GO app?

Well it's been a couple of hours and still says it's upgrading my P4 firmware. Somehow I dont believe it's going to happen....again! So now I have to figure out if my P4 is safe to fly or not. Pulling the plug.

What I see is: on the left a folder turning into a paper plane flying off. On the right it says:
Version 01.02.0602 74.0MB
Ensure aircraft battery is above 50% before upgrading. Upgrading takes appro 30 min. Don not power off
Update Log
Optimized power management for long-term battery storage. use DJI Go app or DJI Assistant 2 to update the firmware for all your Phanton4 intelligent Flight Batteries.

What happens when you try installing the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 app?

From the DJI Go 4 app. I see no way to upgrade from the Assist. There is no app for the assist. At least on that page. When I d/l into my PC, all I saw when I opened it was about the Inspire...and nothing else. Tried clicking on everything on that page.

Here is what I have when I open the DJI Assist2 program:

upload_2017-5-4_15-47-5.png

When I click on the only thing that will let me change the screen,which shows at the bottom right; (How to connect to Inspire2?). I get this:

upload_2017-5-4_15-50-20.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-4_15-48-39.png
    upload_2017-5-4_15-48-39.png
    325.4 KB · Views: 622
YEAH!!!! After 4 times, Win 10 finally recognized my P4 in Assist and upgraded. Thank you msinger for all your help and patients!!!!
Now if the wind calms down, I will fly tomorrow!
Thanks again.....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic