P3SE: the best settings for Youtube

Reaction score
I have been working for days to make some beautiful film images. But the final result is very disappointing. The brightness of the colors has been lost and the sharpness is also disappointing. Does anyone have tips on how I can get better results with the P3SE.
It was filmed at 30 fps / 1980p x 1080p.

I have been working for days to make some beautiful film images. But the final result is very disappointing. The brightness of the colors has been lost and the sharpness is also disappointing. Does anyone have tips on how I can get better results with the P3SE.

Colors look pretty good to me. But if you really are going for more then I need to ask what editor you are using. Often you need to boost saturation and tweak contrast in post production.

Be careful adding too much sharpness though. You can introduce things like moire in some shots.

Reactions: chatikib

First of all I'm so jealous of where you must live to get these amazing shots.

I found this article to be a huge help for me when I added my Phantom 3 Standard to my photo/video gear,

How to Film and Edit Epic Drone Videos: 31 Essential Tips

When you film in D log or my preferred D cinelike it keeps all the detail of the video so things really pop when you edit footage. On your tablet the image will look contrasty when shooting This is the main reason I use D cinelike because it’s less contrast on my phone and for my level of editing they are basically the same Nice vid by the way

This footage reminded me Keukenhof in Lisse . Try to shoot in Golden hours . It seems your footage was taken against the sun light . Also try to shoot in 4 k and then lower down when editing. If not possible, I prefer to shoot in 720 than in 1080 but I don’t know if there is a technical explain for this, but after shooting in both resolutions I always pick the 720 .

Nice footage. Well done. You will have the best results of your camera by choosing the correct settings at the beginning.

Have also a look at this article of Heliguy. It tells more about using the D-LOG functionality. As Doug already wrote it could help you to upgrade your quality.

The link of Heliguy is:
HELIGUY’S GUIDE TO DJI D-LOG

The D-LOG setting on higher end cameras has been designed to maximise the dynamic range of your video footage.

Last edited:
When you film in D log or my preferred D cinelike it keeps all the detail of the video so things really pop when you edit footage. On your tablet the image will look contrasty when shooting This is the main reason I use D cinelike because it’s less contrast on my phone and for my level of editing they are basically the same Nice vid by the way
Good suggestion. Thanks everyone for all the advices. I'm gonna use it. I saw also that article from Heliguy (see posting from @Flick6211). Do you use special settings (sharpness, contrast and saturation) for D-LOG?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues