P3S Yaw CCW

Reaction score
Havent found any thread on this, my apologies if ive missed it.
I'm having an issue with my AC yawing CCW when im elevating. I have been conscious of the position of the stick to be sure im not fat fingering or anything. I'm actually having to yaw CW to keep the nose oriented straight while elevating.
It hovers fine (no yaw)

I wanted to ask here first before i started making adjustments or replacing things.
Im sort of an Intermediate NOOB

Any ideas ??
I have purposely left out some details as not to bias anyone. (I know what happens when an idea gets planted and stuck in the mind)
I will answer your questions as asked.

Thank you in advance

I'll start with the basics. Have you already done an RC calibration?

Are you certain it is not an input you are making inadvertently? Trust me, we have had several people insist it wasn't them only to realize later via logs or flight replay that it was.

Last edited:
Thanks for responding,,
I haven't re calibrated... I did when i first got the AC then again after firmware update.
That was about a month ago.

I will say that "i do not believe" i am making the input to yaw, i say that because the stick position has to be set pretty far right to null out yaw.

Ok,
I just calibrated RC (IMU says no cal needed) and took it out. Seems to be better, i did realize that:
On slow climb theres no yaw, but full stick is where she starts to yaw.
I dont want to waste you guy's time and i really cant tell of it's my left thumb (im righty)
So on my next few flights ill be more conscious of the position the stick. Maybe need to train my left hand a little more.
BTW
Could i make any adjustment on controller to null out my slight input if thats the case ?
JW

Id calibrate the IMU anyhow cant hurt anything and is one less thing to think about. and Yes you can use the settings to trim your controls back a bit so its not so sensitive to the yaw influence your may be imparting. try this first though your sticks are adjustable the silver aluminum ends unscrew they are 2 part top and bottom, screw out the top till it comes off then screw it back 2 full turns screw the bottom up to lock the top then go fly and see if its still inducing yaw on the climb. what this does is take away some of the sensitivity because it makes the sticks longer. this works mostly for folks who rest they're thumbs on top of the sticks but can also work for people who Pinch the sticks between thumb and index finger so long as you use the top area of the stick.

Thanks epicdoom,
Hadnt thought of the stick adjustment.
I rest my thumb on top of stick so Ill try that.

I adjusted mine out longer to get finer control over my YAW when in video mode makes it super smooth

One thing you can try is to increase the expo on yaw in DJI GO: if I recall correctly, 0.50 means linear and you need to go lower to reduce sensitivity around center stick. I believe I have mine at 0.30.

As for IMU calibration, do it anyways, there is no harm and you rule one more thing out.

Lastly, you can go to the bottom of it by analyzing the flight logs. Download the .TXT from your mobile device then use the TXTlogToCSVtool utility (Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter) to convert it to a .CSV file, which you can open with Excel. You will find columns for RC.throttle and RC.rudder, so you can tell whether, when you go full throttle, you inadvertently give some rudder input as well. Values go from -10000 to +10000, with 0 (obviously) being center stick.

Last edited:
Thanks pilots,
I will try these one at a time with a short flight between each change.
Ill report back when I find the cause and solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72