P3S Without Camera Wont take off, Everything looks fine? Please help

Reaction score
Last weekend I had a crash, the drone fell from about 30 feet into snow. The Camera broke off and one of the motors was slightly harder to turn than normal. Since the crash, I have replaced the motor with a new one found on ebay. I have ordered the parts to fix the gimble but have not gotten them yet.

Yesterday I tried for about 2 hours to fly without the camera. I turned on and off the drone a few times and it always warms up fine and blinks yellow slowly meaning "ready to fly, No GPS" according to the manual.

When the drone starts it beeps and turns all motors slightly so the motor replacement was successful.

When I attempt to start the drone by moving both joy sticks to the bottom outside nothing happens.
I also tried using the take off button in the app but it came up with the error "command timeout"

I am not sure what to do or if it will fly after the camera is replaced. Please help.

SJones30. Any chance you can post a few pictures of your drone and remote here when both are powered up? There are a number of things that could be causing you the issue. Have you taken it outside to see if you can establish gps lock (green flashing lights). I have a P3s with no camera and it flies fine, but I had to hook it up to my other P3s’s camera and go through the linking process for the drone and remote . Once that was done I was able to disconnect the camera and the drone functioned just fine. Unfortunately I don’t have any telemetry information from the drone so can’t monitor its status in flight. Mainly fly it to practice maneuvers.

Hey man
Make sure the 2 wires from drone are connected to camera board
They r ur antenna
Like they said
I disconnected the multi wire plug
Worked fine

I had same issue. Crashed P3S broke camera and complete gimble assembly off. Left nothing but two antenna wires and ribbon cable hanging. Wouldn't fly after that. Needs camera circuit board to sinc remote with drone as previously mentioned I reckon as well. I tried reconnecting ribbon to camera but got burning smell. Not good. Camera circuit board damaged. You need another camera assembly before it will fly again. I'm still waiting for parts as well. I need the central circuit board as well as that was damaged. Expensive crash.

I hooked the antenna wires to board and it connects

I also used another camera to get it to hook to RC
just connected the wires for antenna and it connects

SJones30. Any chance you can post a few pictures of your drone and remote here when both are powered up? There are a number of things that could be causing you the issue. Have you taken it outside to see if you can establish gps lock (green flashing lights). I have a P3s with no camera and it flies fine, but I had to hook it up to my other P3s’s camera and go through the linking process for the drone and remote . Once that was done I was able to disconnect the camera and the drone functioned just fine. Unfortunately I don’t have any telemetry information from the drone so can’t monitor its status in flight. Mainly fly it to practice maneuvers.
Precisely my experience as well.

Here are a photo. I have not taken it outside yet to get a GPS lock. On your camraless p3s do you have the camera base plate connected and wired? I tried to post a video of the start up process but the file was too large.

Attachments

• 2018-01-21_20-55-40_083.jpeg
    2018-01-21_20-55-40_083.jpeg
    778.6 KB · Views: 455
I had same issue. Crashed P3S broke camera and complete gimble assembly off. Left nothing but two antenna wires and ribbon cable hanging. Wouldn't fly after that. Needs camera circuit board to sinc remote with drone as previously mentioned I reckon as well. I tried reconnecting ribbon to camera but got burning smell. Not good. Camera circuit board damaged. You need another camera assembly before it will fly again. I'm still waiting for parts as well. I need the central circuit board as well as that was damaged. Expensive crash.

That is interesting, I did not reconnect the ribbon cable back to the camera main plate. I will try that tonight.

Here are a photo. I have not taken it outside yet to get a GPS lock. On your camraless p3s do you have the camera base plate connected and wired? I tried to post a video of the start up process but the file was too large.

Hi again SJones30. No I do not have the upper part of the gimble attached, just the two antenna wires and the gray multi wire cable.
Had it out today and it flew just fine.
Good luck with getting yours back in the air.

Update to all.

After reconnect the camera and gimbal everything appears fine and there is one warning that continues to pop up “GPS not connected” even when I am outside. I didn’t try for a long time to connect the GPS because I’m in Minnesota and it’s cold out there. It still will not take off and when I pull the joy sticks to the bottom inside the warning pops up. I tried in atti mode as well as GPS mode.

I have not done research into this yet but let me know if any of you have seen this issue.

Attachments

• 175D5372-EA72-4B91-823B-F7E39D4AC838.png
    175D5372-EA72-4B91-823B-F7E39D4AC838.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 400
Update to all.

After reconnect the camera and gimbal everything appears fine and there is one warning that continues to pop up “GPS not connected” even when I am outside. I didn’t try for a long time to connect the GPS because I’m in Minnesota and it’s cold out there. It still will not take off and when I pull the joy sticks to the bottom inside the warning pops up. I tried in atti mode as well as GPS mode.

I have not done research into this yet but let me know if any of you have seen this issue.

SJones30
Here are a couple of YouTube links that may help you with this issue.
Good luck!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

SJones30
Here are a couple of YouTube links that may help you with this issue.
Good luck!

SJones30. Sorry, I didn’t watch those two videos before I sent you the links. Didn’t realize they were in a foreign language.
Here’s what I typed in on YouTube: Gps not connected on dji phantom 3s.
Maybe you can find some help there.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31