P3S not connecting to controller

Okay, I find this confusing as hell. When I connect the camera part to the gimbal mainboard not the "rotate motor" boot up the drone the gimbal doesn't move and the app it says "Aircraft connected" and I get video from the camera. The controllers led is still red and video is the only thing I get, I don't get GPS location anything the error is Remote controller signal weak. I tried to relink the controller but the relink button on the aircraft doesn't turn red at all. I have video but no control of the drone...

As I understand it, there are two channels from the phantom to the remote. Live video and data.

The control signals generated from the controller are transmitted on 5.8ghz. The video transmission sent to your phone or connected device for FPV are transmitted on 2.4ghz.

Last edited:
Yes, no gimbal = no telemetry.

Rod

Ok but i still got image which is kinda odd I think. So if the 2.4Ghz "Signal" is broken its the gimbal?

I've got one pin broken off for some reason. (The one to the left)

Attachments

• 1525278072794.jpg
    1525278072794.jpg
    803.2 KB · Views: 231
Well you past my knowledge again, some where the telemetry needs to come from what I would say is the main board. Because it needs to send the data, from gps, barometer, remote control signal status, the battery status of the phantom, sd card size, etc.

It makes sense that it would be sending the data on channel, the live video on another, but I have know clue were this happens, I assume your are not getting telemetry?

Rod

Well you past my knowledge again, some where the telemetry needs to come from what I would say is the main board. Because it needs to send the data, from gps, barometer, remote control signal status, the battery status of the phantom, sd card size, etc.

It makes sense that it would be sending the data on channel, the live video on another, but I have know clue were this happens, I assume your are not getting telemetry?

Rod

I assume that you mean control of the drone stats etc with telemetry, then no im not.

Yep, just making sure I hadn't missed something.

Rod

Reactions: RIKCAT
Hi everyone! I just bought a used P3S and its working as expected. I just wanted to say a thank you to everyone that tried to help me!

Have a great day!

Reactions: RodPad

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94