P3S not connecting to controller

Reaction score
Hi! I recently bought a PS3 that had been in a crash for a cheap price. The problem was that the gimbal was broken and the Drone did not connect to the controller, I have tried relink in the app, and from the relink button with no success. The thing is that the relink button should blink red but instead, it reboots and blinks green.

Any tips do i got to have the gimbal connected?

Welcome to the Forum!

Short answer,
No gimbal, you won't be able to relink.

Rod

Sorry, not really, but there is a area here that many newbies don't know about.....
Classifieds

Rod

Added: I'm curious if you tried the search?

Reactions: RIKCAT
Sorry, not really, but there is a area here that many newbies don't know about.....
Classifieds

Rod
Digging deeper to this i took apart the gimbal and took out the Gimbal control chip and saw that one atenna contact was broken and i have the part and i will look in to that later but the thing is i have never seen this thing working should it do anything if i plug it in to my computer?

Attachments

• 20180428_155156.jpg
    20180428_155156.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 355
  • 20180428_155156.jpg
    20180428_155156.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 393
Dude, You just past my knowledge...

I know they are many here that help you out.

Rod

Hi! I recently bought a PS3 that had been in a crash for a cheap price. The problem was that the gimbal was broken and the Drone did not connect to the controller,

That kind of says it all.

Do u know of a nice place to buy p3s gimbals? I heard that ebay had alot of broken ones.

I don't know how "cheap" that crashed P3S was but, a NEW gimbal and camera assembly will set you back around $250, if the old assembly can't be repaired. I just bought a back-up camera/gimbal assembly for my P3S and $250 was about the best price I found at the time. That was from an authorized DJI dealer. You might find a new one for a bit less, but it won't be "cheap". There are some "used but good" assemblies for sale for less on eBay, but then you're back to buying used equipment. Good luck.

That kind of says it all.

I don't know how "cheap" that crashed P3S was but, a NEW gimbal and camera assembly will set you back around $250, if the old assembly can't be repaired. I just bought a back-up assembly for my P3S and $250 was about the best price I found at the time. That was from an authorized DJI dealer. You might find a new one for a bit less, but it won't be "cheap". There are some "used but good" assemblies for sale for less on eBay, but then you're back to buying used equipment. Good luck.

"Cheap" was 104.4$, okay then ill try my best to repair it. The gimbal is bent but thats fixable with a kit for like 20$ the thing i don't THINK i can fix is the main gimbal board that can not be 200$ right?

"Cheap" was 104.4$ okay, then ill try my best to repair this the gimbal is bent but thats fixable with a kit for like 20$ the thing i don't THINK i can fix is the main gimbal board that can not be 200$ right?

I'll start by saying that you need to assess the damage and determine the extent of the repairs. If the gimbal can be repaired by replacing readily available parts (like the arm), then you might end up with an affordable repair, and that should be very doable. There are many others pilots on this site who can direct you with gimbal repairs better than I can. If the gimbal can't be repaired/ salvaged, a NEW assembly will cost you between $200 - 250, probably closer to $250. Like I said above, you can likely find a good used complete assembly for something less than that but, if someone is selling used parts, likely they came from crashed drone, so buyer beware. If it was me, and I couldn't easily and affordably reapair the gimbal, I'd bite the bullet and replace the gimbal with new. But, then, that's just me. If you end up with a fully functional P3S for around $350 total, I don't think that's a deal breaker. Again, that's just me. Good luck whichever direction you go.

As @RodPad suggested, you might find a good used assembly at a reasonable price in the classifieds section on this site. If it's being sold by an established member, that might be a good option.

I think i tosted it or something, I got the camera working with dji go app could not move it but i got image and the app said drone connected then i got all leds glowing red (Critical error) is this the sign to throw away the drone?

I think i tosted it or something, I got the camera working with dji go app could not move it but i got image and the app said drone connected then i got all leds glowing red (Critical error) is this the sign to throw away the drone?

At this point, I would say no, don't throw it out. If you've got a video feed from the camera, and the drone is connected, but no movement, then it may be a relatively simple and affordable repair. But, again, I would refer you to others on this site who are more experienced with gimbal repairs as they can direct you better than I can. I believe there's hope. Good luck.

At this point, I would say no, don't throw it out. If you've got a video feed from the camera, but no movement, then it may be a relatively simple and affordable repair. But I would refer you to others on this site who are more experienced with gimbal repairs as they can direct you better than I can. Good luck.

The thing is that all leds glowing red means critical error.

True but, if you can repair the gimbal, then you can address the error. I suspect that error is likely a result of the damage to the gimbal, and you're not likely to resolve the error before then.

True but, if you can repair the gimbal, then you can address the error. I suspect that error is likely a result of the damage to the gimbal, and you're not likely to resolve the error before then.

Okay, i will take a look a bit later. i've done this all day..

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl