p3s Help needed . . .

Reaction score
Hello everyone, so I have a Phantom 3 Standard. I recently crashed it and broke the yaw arm on the gimbal. So I bought the kit to replace the arm and bought the official DJI ribbon cable for the gimbal. Did the replacement everything went well. Went to fire it up and test it and the RC has lost connection to the AC and I have no video feed. RC has solid red light. AC flashes yellow on arms and solid green on gimbal.
I have tried reconnecting using the DJI app and reset button on the AC and also turning the gimbal dial and flipping the s2 button and then hitting the rest on the AC both methods fail. I have also tried updating the firmware and it fails. First time it took about 5 minutes to fail now every time I try it fails in under a minute.
I am at a complete loss and have no idea what else to do.
Any one have some advice or help to offer?

Hello everyone, so I have a Phantom 3 Standard. I recently crashed it and broke the yaw arm on the gimbal. So I bought the kit to replace the arm and bought the official DJI ribbon cable for the gimbal. Did the replacement everything went well. Went to fire it up and test it and the RC has lost connection to the AC and I have no video feed. RC has solid red light. AC flashes yellow on arms and solid green on gimbal.
I have tried reconnecting using the DJI app and reset button on the AC and also turning the gimbal dial and flipping the s2 button and then hitting the rest on the AC both methods fail. I have also tried updating the firmware and it fails. First time it took about 5 minutes to fail now every time I try it fails in under a minute.
I am at a complete loss and have no idea what else to do.
Any one have some advice or help to offer?
Can you operate camera with dial,rc solid red I sure is disconected,,what colour your link light,green
Screenshot_20180323-213429.jpg

As I stated in my post I tried both methods of pair with no success.
Try this method,,,open app on device,turn on drone,get the RC linking on screen and press ,,,now turn remote on and press link button,,,,,,,,if this not work get your home screen up ,,,top right of screen is 3 black lines,,,,press and hole till rc firmware comes up,should give you a roll back on rc firmware,,can you move the gimble wheel with rc ,if so it already linked and something else at play,possibly with the ribbon set even though you say it original parts,was the other to damaged

@lpmondo ,

Your signal starts at the gimbal, if your gimbal isn't working you will not be able to re-link, there is a lot of talk of knock of ribbon cables that don't work, I see you state you got a official DJI.

I wouldn't have tried to update the firmware, you must of loaded it on the SD card. If I read your post correctly, it fails quicker, maybe because it has that firmware already loaded?
Maybe go back to what was in it?

I'm really can't think of anything else.

One other note, the pairing is between the gimbal and the remote. Most I have read, they repair the Phantom they don't have to re-link. they replace the gimbal, they have to re-link.
The only other twist is they can fly with out a gimbal, change remotes, can't fly, re-hook up the gimbal, re-link to new remote, unhook the gimbal, and fly again.

Search results for query: flying gimbal
Search results for query: without gimbal

Flying without camera/gimbal

Rod

It could also have other crash damage.. ake sure the ribbon is properly installed and if so, check to make sure the gray cable that goes from the gimbal to the ac is good. Make sure to check both ends and that it didnt get pinched where it runs past the battery frame inside

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues